[SOLVED] RX 570 That was used for mining and gaming?

hexer11

Reputable
May 6, 2017
I recently bought a MSI RX 570 Gaming X 4GB that was used for mining and for gaming. Sadly when I bought it forgot to ask the guy if the gpu was used for mining and learned it after I already bought it.

He sent me the original bios and told me that the card mined ethereum for about a year, which according to him stresses the vram, not core clock or something. The card was undervolted and underclocked while mining, the bios was modded only for the memory. After that the card was used another year for gaming.

The card is still in good condition and is running well and has a year warranty left and he also sent me a copy which seems legit. The temperatures are fine, 33-39 idle, 73-77 while gaming at ultra settings, fans are working fine as well.

Should I be worried for anything?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
No, the thing with pcb and stuff is when youre doing cooling down and heating up, youre basicly making pcb flex at microscopic levels and thus gpu can break the solder point of the core.
But as is run continously under stress only fans might break down.
No, the thing with pcb and stuff is when youre doing cooling down and heating up, youre basicly making pcb flex at microscopic levels and thus gpu can break the solder point of the core.
But as is run continously under stress only fans might break down.

Solution