General_havy

Honorable
Apr 30, 2014
Hi!
So i just purchased a new rx 5700 (XFX DD Ultra), and after installing the driver the games would keep crashing, i tried mirrors edge catalyst and R6: siege. Sometimes they would crash on startup sometimes after a minute or two of gameplay. Afterwards the screen would also start to turning black for a second or two with the computer freezing beforehand. So far i have tried 19.12.2, 19.12.3, 19.11.1, 19.7.5 driver none of them have fixed the problem some work for a bit longer than other but always end up with the same results. I have also reinstalled windows but no luck with that either. I have tried turning off freesync on the display, not allowing the driver to enable VSR and enhanced sync disabling in game overlay. I was wondering it you guys have any ideas what could be the problem.

Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
MOBO:Gigabyte ab350m gaming 3
RAM: 16GB 2666 Mhz hyperx
PSU:Corsair RM650x
GPU: XFX RX 5700 DD Ultra
SSD: 500GB MX500 Crucial

Thanks in advance.

H0PEFU11Y

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
Sounds exactly like what happened with my computer. In my case, it turned out that switching to a Nvidia GPU worked. If possible, can you try another GPU and seeing if that stays stable? Also if possible, try using the 5700 in another computer and seeing how it deals with it.

If you can't do either of the above, I would try RMAing the GPU and they'll see if there are any issues with it.

Out of curiosity:
  • Does it black screen but you still have audio etc?
  • Do the fans suddenly go fast?
  • Does event viewer show anything when these issues occur?
  • Do you have to restart your computer in order for it to be able to use it after the black screen?

General_havy

Honorable
Apr 30, 2014
Sounds exactly like what happened with my computer. In my case, it turned out that switching to a Nvidia GPU worked. If possible, can you try another GPU and seeing if that stays stable? Also if possible, try using the 5700 in another computer and seeing how it deals with it.

If you can't do either of the above, I would try RMAing the GPU and they'll see if there are any issues with it.

Out of curiosity:
  • Does it black screen but you still have audio etc?
  • Do the fans suddenly go fast?
  • Does event viewer show anything when these issues occur?
  • Do you have to restart your computer in order for it to be able to use it after the black screen?
I gave not notice fans spinning up.
If the black screen happen outside of game i don't have audio or anything but is recovers after a second or two.
If it happens in game, either the game crashes and it recovers or the monitor gives me the pop up that there is no signal so no video or audio or anything and than i have to restart the PC.
Event viewer show up an error: event ID 1000, task category 100 with the rest changing depanding on what crashed

View: https://imgur.com/a/RXOdxdZ