[SOLVED] rx 5700 xt 100% gpu usage in games

mahvet

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Hello,

I really hope to get some insights to what is wrong with the computer I just bought.

The second I boot up a game, any game, the gpu usage goes from 0 to 100% and causes 5 sec black screen on the monitor every 10 sec.

The system:
x570 MSI gaming edge
x3800 Ryzen 7
Rx 5700 xt Red Devil
32 gb 3600 cl16
27" Acer 1440p 144hz 1ms Freesync IPS panel

I can post more about the system if nessecary.

There is a clean windows 10. Updated the monitor drivers, installed the radeon software with newest gpu drivers.
Activated XMP profile in BIOS.

I hope this is a common issue with a quick fix - and looking forward to all the help I can get.

Solution
Its called EVGA GQ 750 - honestly I didn't think a whole lot about which PSU I needed as long as it was a 750w and it had a gold + :)
Common mistake, the psu is arguably the most important part of a pc and especially a gaming pc. It’s not a terrible psu but not great either quality wise. The bronze, silver, gold etc are just ratings for efficiency and do not necessarily correspond to quality. I don’t think it’s you problem but it’s not a psu I would have recommended.
Its called EVGA GQ 750 - honestly I didn't think a whole lot about which PSU I needed as long as it was a 750w and it had a gold + :)
Common mistake, the psu is arguably the most important part of a pc and especially a gaming pc. It’s not a terrible psu but not great either quality wise. The bronze, silver, gold etc are just ratings for efficiency and do not necessarily correspond to quality. I don’t think it’s you problem but it’s not a psu I would have recommended.

Solution

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
Think that card has a dual bios, you might want to switch it over and test that, you might be on the low power one. I really don't like the Radeon software, caused no end of issues for me but you could try ddu and reinstalling the drivers maybe try an older version first. Just to note if you ever get it working, with that card you can increase the power by 50% with wattman (gotta love amd lol)