Question RX 5700 XT and black screen

Dans_grin

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Hello,
Made a new PC build a week ago and now I'm having issues from time to time when the GPU RX 5700 XT just stop giving any signal or i get the black screens with no signal message. After system reboot it works fine. Usually happens in games (many times in APEX legends and have happened in CS GO while alt tabbing). Is this a known issue or i should go to warranty service?

I am taking that your signature is the build you are referring to.
Do you have the latest BIOS, drivers, chipset driver, update of Windows installed?
Do you only have one stick of RAM installed?
Have you tried reseating the GPU and make sure that all the power cables from PSU fully and firmly connected to the GPU?

Dans_grin

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
I am taking that your signature is the build you are referring to.
Do you have the latest BIOS, drivers, chipset driver, update of Windows installed?
Do you only have one stick of RAM installed?
Have you tried reseating the GPU and make sure that all the power cables from PSU fully and firmly connected to the GPU?
I had the latest BIOS but i had to downgrade because my PC after OS shutdown didn't turn off the fans -now one version older it works fine. All drivers have been updated to the newest ones. I have 2x8 gb sticks.

Well i have reinstalled the drivers with DDU but thats about it. Ill check after work

daPain58

Proper
Sep 30, 2019
I had
I had the latest BIOS but i had to downgrade because my PC after OS shutdown didn't turn off the fans -now one version older it works fine. All drivers have been updated to the newest ones. I have 2x8 gb sticks.

Well i have reinstalled the drivers with DDU but thats about it. Ill check after work
My similar problem was fixed with reinstallatiom of windows

Dans_grin

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016

Yesterday i downgraded from the newest AMD graphic driver to the previous one, seems to be fine for now- didn't had crashes in 6 h gaming session.