[SOLVED] Rx 5700 xt crashing in most games

sunneyredgames

Honorable
Oct 21, 2017
Third time posting due to zero solutions being found
Gpu is crashing in most games, with the most recent being Valheim, SkateXl, Marvel's Avengers, Satisfactory, and Boneworks.

When booting up specified games the game will crash shortly after launch. At times when using programs such as Photoshop or my web browser I will experience a crash also. The programs that supply a crash window all say its a gpu caused crash. Upon checking crash logs for most programs it says the graphics card was disconnected, with further testing most had the same message.

Attempted Solutions

1. Deleting all graphics drivers and reinstalling them.
Reinstalling windows
Buying and replacing the Gpu

Result-Zero Impact on crash issue

2. Resetting and updating bios version
Reseating ram in different slots
Buying and replacing Psu

3. Bought and replaced Mother Board
Bought new m.2 ssd
Downloaded windows on drive
Cry

4. Contacted Xfx and replaced my card with an upgraded version of the same card (was XFX AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT Triple Dissipation 8GB GDDR6 now is a
XFX AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 THICC III Ultra)
Ran DDU and reinstalled drivers

5. Undervolted my gpu to 1100

I have tried numerous unlisted fixes (too many), and to no avail. I'm at a loss. I have spent just shy of 1 grand in the past year alone trying to fix the problem and I just don't know what to do any more to fix the problem, at this point I cant play any game coming out now or in the future.

ADITIONAL NOTES

Tends to happen more often in Directx 12 games in particular. I can play outriders on 80-90 fps on max with no problem on Directx 11 with no crashes or artifacts, however on directx12 mode I crash even in the main menu however the crash is not limited to those games.

The Crash: Screen freezes for 5-10 seconds. Graphics card fans sometimes speed up for 2-4 seconds then slow back down. Audio continues playing throughout. After the 5-10 seconds of frozen screen it will turn black then close a crash dialog will pop up.

I am able to get around an hour more or less of game time before getting the crash If I full restart my computer.

I have seen that there were similar threads, however as similar their situation was to mine what worked for them hasn't worked for me.

Problem has persisted for roughly 2 years now.

Specs
Cpu - Ryzen 7 1800x
Gpu - Rx 5700 xt-new Was-Rx 580
Memory - 16 gb DDR4
Storage - 2 TB HDD
1 TB HDD -new
500 GB SSD -new
256 GB SSD
Psu - Antec Earthwatts Gold 650w -new
Mobo - ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming II -new, Was-Asus Crosshair Vi hero
Wifi/Bluetooth - AC1200 Wifi Bluetooth 4.2 PCIe Adapter -new
Case - Meshify C

Solution
5700 xt is plagued with problems since day dot. For those who were lucky are the anomalies. Underclocking / increasing fan curve is the only 'about' possible fix you can attempt besides moving away from that model altogether.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
5700 xt is plagued with problems since day dot. For those who were lucky are the anomalies. Underclocking / increasing fan curve is the only 'about' possible fix you can attempt besides moving away from that model altogether.

Solution