Question Rx 580 2048sp power limit 100w

Sep 9, 2024
Hello my gpu rx 580 2048sp is limited 100w in bios.Is there any way to increase the voltage without changing the bios?
CPU: ryzen 3 4100
CPU cooler:stock
Motherboard: Asrock b450 rev 4.0
Ram: 12gb Kingston 2400mhz
SSD/HDD:M2 256gb. Hdd 500gb
GPU: Rx 580 2048sp biostar
PSU: msi mag 550bn

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/vga/introduction.php?S_ID=254
I wouldn't overclock on that card, not after a card that was released in 2017 and certainly not with a card that looks like it's bottom of the barrel style in terms of cooling. Furtehrmore, how old is the PSU in your build?

If you're looking for an uplift in your gaming experience, you should reconsider the ram you're using in your build. Ideally you should be on a 2x8GB DDR4-3200MHz tight latencied ram kit that's matched from the factory. Your current frequency on the ram is crippling the Ryzen platform, with 2400Mhz and a 1x4GB & 21x8GB isn't exactly the same thing as a matched pair.

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

Sep 9, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

https://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/vga/introduction.php?S_ID=254
I wouldn't overclock on that card, not after a card that was released in 2017 and certainly not with a card that looks like it's bottom of the barrel style in terms of cooling. Furtehrmore, how old is the PSU in your build?

If you're looking for an uplift in your gaming experience, you should reconsider the ram you're using in your build. Ideally you should be on a 2x8GB DDR4-3200MHz tight latencied ram kit that's matched from the factory. Your current frequency on the ram is crippling the Ryzen platform, with 2400Mhz and a 1x4GB & 21x8GB isn't exactly the same thing as a matched pair.

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?
My psu is new, I bought it 1 week ago. Bios motherboard is 7.40 .I will buy better ram later these are from an old PC.The GPU is new, everything on the outside and the heatsink, but the chip is probably used. Where I bought it, it has a one year warranty.
rx.png
rx5802.png

Sep 9, 2024
The solution to what? It's not clear - at least to me - what the goal is.
Biostar may have limited it to 105w for a reason; such as making it easier on the cooler, or the voltage regulator. They likely cut some corners to keep the cost down.
I changed the bios, now it reaches 120w, because it seems that this gpu came with a mining bios that did not give its 100%. The gpu at 100% reaches 61 degrees.
gpu2.png

Imperat0r

Proper
Apr 19, 2024
Hello.
From my personal experience i could confirm the following:
All ex mining cards have some problems.
Using an ex miner in a normal desktop, er even a 1080p gaming PC would trigger sooner or later some errors.
Why?
Cause those cards were used 24/7 overclocked for a very long time that lead to physical damage.
In your case, you are the proud owner of a RX570 , in some cases even RX470.
Rebranding old miner cards is a national sport in China.
So....your idea to push the limits of this old ex miner relabeled ....hmmmm.
But let's see how it will act in a few weeks from now.