Question RX 580 8gb undervolt

Earbud98

Commendable
May 4, 2020
Hello guys, i have a question about gpu frequency when undervolting. So basically my default state 7 frequency is 1370mhz for my asrock phantom gaming d rx 580 8gb oc. And when i found optimal voltage it isnt much difference in terms of temps. But when i just started droping frequency and dropped it to 1200mhz and voltage to 960, my gpu was quiet and cooler way more. So i know that i will loose performance if i lower frequency but will it be noticeable in games that much ? I mostly play AC games, RDR2 , Days gone etc...high spec games.

My other specs
Ryzen 7 2700
2x8gb ram
Asus prime b450m-k motherboard

That is something YOU need to check. Do a benchmark on those games without the undervolt and then again with it.

I did the exact same with my GPU and found MY sweet spot with the games I play and the max temp I would like to have at specific fan curve.

Earbud98

Commendable
May 4, 2020
That is something YOU need to check. Do a benchmark on those games without the undervolt and then again with it.

I did the exact same with my GPU and found MY sweet spot with the games I play and the max temp I would like to have at specific fan curve.
Well tested Hitman 3 and difference is like 5-7 fps, Red dead redemption i had same minimum fps , 5 less average and 10 less max fps. Now im gonna test AC origins which is really really bad game in terms of optimizations. Also i have found that on stock settings for voltage and frequency - 1150mv/1370mhz i have fps stutters in some games like it drops significantly when scenes are changing and sometimes while just walking. And on 1200mhz and 960mv there were no stutters at all . So i think this is quite good and worth since im pretty much ok with 45+ fps in these types of games, in some 50+ is ok but difference is neglibible

Reactions: dotas1