Question Rx 580 Nitro isn't working

Mar 20, 2019
Hello,
I've just bought a new GPU, a Saphire Radeon 580 Nitro, my motherboard VGA led is on. The screen is black and not even the bios is appearing.

My pc specs:

CPU - AMD FX 8320;
Motherboard - M5A97 R2.0;
Sapphire Radeon 580 Nitro
PSU - Corsair TX750M.

I really don't know what to do T.T

Mar 20, 2019
You've tried connecting both the 8-pin & the 6-pin together?

It can't be CPU/motherboard compatibility if your PC was working before and all you've changed is the graphics card.
BTW, If I were to buy a new motherboard, thus, also a new CPU. What would recomend? I was thinking on buying an Intel Core i5 8400, what motherboard would fit the best for it and my new GPU (rx580)?

"BTW, If I were to buy a new motherboard, thus, also a new CPU. What would recomend? I was thinking on buying an Intel Core i5 8400, what motherboard would fit the best for it and my new GPU (rx580)?"

That's not my area of expertise -- someone else here will be able to help you with that.

Firstly, did you make sure that your monitor is connected to the GPU video ports, and not the motherboard ports? Secondly, try resetting the CMOS. Thirdly, try a different PCI-E slot, if your motherboard has one.

For an i5 8400, a B360 board would be a good choice, preferably in the mid-range price segment. The ASRock B360 Pro4 is a decent choice, and if you want micro-ATX then the ASRock B360M Pro4(same board, smaller size)

Mar 20, 2019
Firstly, did you make sure that your monitor is connected to the GPU video ports, and not the motherboard ports? Secondly, try resetting the CMOS. Thirdly, try a different PCI-E slot, if your motherboard has one.

For an i5 8400, a B360 board would be a good choice, preferably in the mid-range price segment. The ASRock B360 Pro4 is a decent choice, and if you want micro-ATX then the ASRock B360M Pro4(same board, smaller size)
Yes, I'm sure, since my motherboard doesn't have an incorporated GPU. I've tried installing the GPU to the other PCI-E slot and I've tried resetting the CMOS.

Mar 20, 2019

What do you think in regards of buying a new CPU and motherboard to fit my new GPU: a Ryzen 2700, MSi B350 Tomahawk with a Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 Mhz 3000 C15 XMP 2.0. Will it be compatible with a radeon RX 580

Sounds compatible, but try getting a B450 board instead, everything else is fine. How much RAM is that, and what configuration? The recommended for gaming is 2 sticks of 8 GB for a total of 16 GB. And yes, it's all compatible with an RX 580. You should go ahead with this upgrade, you're on a pretty obsolete platform at this point.

Mar 20, 2019
Thank you for your repl
Sounds compatible, but try getting a B450 board instead, everything else is fine. How much RAM is that, and what configuration? The recommended for gaming is 2 sticks of 8 GB for a total of 16 GB. And yes, it's all compatible with an RX 580. You should go ahead with this upgrade, you're on a pretty obsolete platform at this point.
Thank for your reply. The MOBO you mean this one
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-Crossfir...ords=MSI+b450&qid=1554032973&s=gateway&sr=8-1
or this one?
https://www.amazon.it/s?k=MSI+B450&__mk_it_IT=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

And, what are the difference between the standart B450 and the B450 tomahawk?

There are tons of B450 boards out there, and B450 Tomahawk is just one of them. There are only slight differences between these boards - based on their price, some will have a few extra features like more USB ports, RGB lighting, more fan headers, etc, but the performance difference is pretty much negligible between them. You can buy any B450 board you like and which is in your budget. MSI B450 Tomahawk is a good board, you can go with it if you like its looks, features, MSI in general, or due to any other reasons.