[SOLVED] RX 580 with legacy bios

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybert2

Prominent
Nov 20, 2021
so yeah, i wanna pair the RX 580 with my LGA 775 system before upgrading to AM4 system. But then I'm still clueless about the UEFI bios. Have anyone use the RX 580 with 775 system?

Specs of my PC
Core 2 Duo E8600
GT 1030
4GB DDR2
MS-7525
Antec Atom V550 (550W Full)

Last edited:
Reactions: f8betmobi
Solution
Considering you have a GT 1030 and that was made around the same time as the RX 580, the RX 580 should work. However, I'm still getting mixed results as to whether or not UEFI vBIOS based cards work with any legacy BIOS board. So the answer is still "try it and see."
Unfortunately it means nothing that they were made around the same time. 1030 MOST of the time works with legacy BIOS but I have read in forums that they don't always do. Also 580 is lottery if it will work or not.

Khalid Filali

Honorable
Aug 28, 2016
The pcie version has nothing to do with uefi or legacy bios. What you answered is if it's compatible with the motherboard's socket. Bios is completely different thing.

To OP: it may or may not work. Only if you test it you would know.
yeah ofc it will work,there is only one of finding out i just pointed that it will run at pcie 2.0 speed that's all

Considering you have a GT 1030 and that was made around the same time as the RX 580, the RX 580 should work. However, I'm still getting mixed results as to whether or not UEFI vBIOS based cards work with any legacy BIOS board. So the answer is still "try it and see."

Unfortunately it means nothing that they were made around the same time. 1030 MOST of the time works with legacy BIOS but I have read in forums that they don't always do. Also 580 is lottery if it will work or not.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.