I've build the following pc
CPU: Ryzen 1700x
GPU :Rx 580 XFX 8gb(Used)
Motherboard:B450 Aorus Elite V2
PSU:Njoy Alpha 850W Gold 80+
RAM:64 GB Corsair 2666mhz Dual Channel
SSD: 2 Tb Kingston
HDD;1,5 tb WD Greeen

Ocassionaly i am getting black screens for few seconds while just browsing the internet,i am using an Dell 4K monitor ,connected on the GPU with an HDMI Port
I mainly built this pc for Architectural Visualization Renders (i don't play games at all)
Few days ago when i was working in 3ds max it happened to get a black screen and pc restarted itself in the same way if i would press the reset button on the case(weird)
I ran some benchmarks on the gpu and it seemed fine(maximum temp was around 75C)
I bought the GPU as used since i dont play games and the renders i do only on cpu theres no point wasting a couple hundred euros on a GPU
I am assuming there's something wrong with the GPU? or could be something else?
I also tried reducing clock speeds of the gpu in the Adrenalin Software
I wanna know whats up with this :)

IDProG

Distinguished
I've build the following pc
CPU: Ryzen 1700x
GPU :Rx 580 XFX 8gb(Used)
Motherboard:B450 Aorus Elite V2
PSU:Njoy Alpha 850W Gold 80+
RAM:64 GB Corsair 2666mhz Dual Channel
SSD: 2 Tb Kingston
HDD;1,5 tb WD Greeen

Ocassionaly i am getting black screens for few seconds while just browsing the internet,i am using an Dell 4K monitor ,connected on the GPU with an HDMI Port
I mainly built this pc for Architectural Visualization Renders (i don't play games at all)
Few days ago when i was working in 3ds max it happened to get a black screen and pc restarted itself in the same way if i would press the reset button on the case(weird)
I ran some benchmarks on the gpu and it seemed fine(maximum temp was around 75C)
I bought the GPU as used since i dont play games and the renders i do only on cpu theres no point wasting a couple hundred euros on a GPU
I am assuming there's something wrong with the GPU? or could be something else?
I also tried reducing clock speeds of the gpu in the Adrenalin Software
I wanna know whats up with this :)
Two possible causes IMO:
1. The GPU's VRAM was so messed up from mining that it can barely be used for normal stuff.
2. The PSU is so low quality that it can barely work as intended

Jun 5, 2023
Two possible causes IMO:
1. The GPU's VRAM was so messed up from mining that it can barely be used for normal stuff.
2. The PSU is so low quality that it can barely work as intended
I highly doubt is the psu,since i was rendering with the cpu on 100% load for hours and nothing happend i am assuming theres indeed something wrong with the gpu
I ran a benchmark few minutes ago(a demo project) in D5 render (its a realtime render used for archviz animations etc) i noticed weird artifacts when scaling a bit the window.Hmm will keep this thread open

IDProG

Distinguished
Maybe next time, you'll learn not to cheap out on things that you superficially consider "not important".

An RX 500 series is probably one of the worst GPUs to be bought used, as it would've probably been used for mining the longest.

The person selling the GPU was probably laughing his ass off when sending the card to you.

Reactions: madalinflorinc
Jun 5, 2023
I found out what was the issue,Windows keep upgrading and downgrading the Video driver,that was causing the black screen for few seconds.It is weird tho

Reactions: Rexer