Question RX 6600 8GB or RTX 2060 6GB for gaming at 1440p?

deusvolt

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
It would be about the same. If you are wanting to run the latest AAA titles at 1440p then both cards are a bit lacking.
I'm not looking for ultra settings, and tbh I prefer older games generally. Red Dead Redemption 2 and Warzone both work reasonably ok for me with my current set-up, RX560 4GB.

Seems there's not much between the two in general!

I'm not looking for ultra settings, and tbh I prefer older games generally. Red Dead Redemption 2 and Warzone both work reasonably ok for me with my current set-up, RX560 4GB.

Seems there's not much between the two in general!
If you don't care whether it's AMD or nvidia, just get the RX 6600, because it's faster without FSR and the RTX 2060 would need DLSS or FSR to match and exceed it in FPS. FSR 1.0 and 2.0 will run on both cards so it's not like you will be lacking that type of feature to increase performance. FSR 2.0 is also nearly as good as current versions of DLSS, it's just not in many games yet.

It still depends on what game you're running though, because they both can be faster or slower in certain games. The RX 6600 should be faster on average.

Reactions: deusvolt

deusvolt

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
If you don't care whether it's AMD or nvidia, just get the RX 6600, because it's faster without FSR and the RTX 2060 would need DLSS or FSR to match and exceed it in FPS. FSR 1.0 and 2.0 will run on both cards so it's not like you will be lacking that type of feature to increase performance. FSR 2.0 is also nearly as good as current versions of DLSS, it's just not in many games yet.

It still depends on what game you're running though, because they both can be faster or slower in certain games. The RX 6600 should be faster on average.

Thanks - I went with the 6600, looking forward to firing up RDR2 and immersing myself 🤠(y)