Question RX 6600

Apr 30, 2023
Hello, I have a pretty old PC that has been running great for years.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
8GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 750Ti
Power supply Corsair CX430 V2 430W

However, was sad to see that while I can run Elden Ring looking like a PS1 game, my graphics card is no longer up to speed. I've had a research around price/quality comparisons, and was looking at the RX 6600 as one that I can get for a reasonable price in the UK (currently looking around £200). I wondered whether it would be compatible with current set up, or whether things like the power supply would mean it would struggle. I'm not looking at the moment to upgrade my computer, though if everyone concludes that that is the only viable option, I'll stick with what I've got atm and plan for the future.

Thank you!

Hello, I have a pretty old PC that has been running great for years.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
8GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 750Ti
Power supply Corsair CX430 V2 430W

However, was sad to see that while I can run Elden Ring looking like a PS1 game, my graphics card is no longer up to speed. I've had a research around price/quality comparisons, and was looking at the RX 6600 as one that I can get for a reasonable price in the UK (currently looking around £200). I wondered whether it would be compatible with current set up, or whether things like the power supply would mean it would struggle. I'm not looking at the moment to upgrade my computer, though if everyone concludes that that is the only viable option, I'll stick with what I've got atm and plan for the future.

Thank you!
I have 6600 but with much faster CPU and that's where most action is. Yes it will be compativle with current setup and you should see good improvement in picture quality and performance at higher resolutions. Unless you plan on soon upgrade of whole system, get one without XT as that has advantage only with PCIe gen4 which is not existent on your system and saves some money.

Reactions: Tac 25