Question Rx 6600xt 128bit bus and infinity cache

siveshen

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2014
Hi all

I will be getting an Rx 6600xt soon and I watched a video that showed how it's performance tanks when the vram is used up. The rtx 3060ti has the same vram buffer but doesn't suffer the same consequence. Any ideas why? Also would an nvme SSD be good as pagefile if the gpu needed to use it as a backup when the vram runs out?

Keep in mind this thread is from 2015, so some of the info is outdated but a lot of it is good info. If my thinking is correct I think a few years ago 4gb was enough for 1080p, now I think having 6gb is considered ok but pushing the limit. So you should be ok with 8gb. But as they say in the thread if you start experiencing frame drops etc just back off the settings a little and it should improve.

Reactions: siveshen

siveshen

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2014
Keep in mind this thread is from 2015, so some of the info is outdated but a lot of it is good info. If my thinking is correct I think a few years ago 4gb was enough for 1080p, now I think having 6gb is considered ok but pushing the limit. So you should be ok with 8gb. But as they say in the thread if you start experiencing frame drops etc just back off the settings a little and it should improve.

Great thanks.