[SOLVED] RX 6700 display driver installation fails, should I RMA?

Shane Hawk

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2013
Swapped from an RX 580

It will flicker a couple times, then black screen and a hard reset is required after that.

Display Adapter shows (Code 43) after restart.

Fully updated W10 home

Safe Mode DDU display driver uninstall

Attempted install of latest Adrenaline package but this always fails

System Specs:

Gigabyte B460 HD3 (latest bio)
I5 10400f
16 gigs 2666 RAM
W10 Home
CX 750M psu

I'm having no issues back on my old RX 580

Thanks in advance!

Solution
Happy New Year!

CX 750M psu
How old is the PSU in your build?

Use GPU-Z and see if there are 0's showing up in places that should be higher, if so, then yes the GPU might very well be dead.

Lutfij

Titan
Happy New Year!

CX 750M psu
How old is the PSU in your build?

Use GPU-Z and see if there are 0's showing up in places that should be higher, if so, then yes the GPU might very well be dead.

Reactions: Shane Hawk
Solution

Shane Hawk

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2013
I swapped in the new card again to take a look at GPU z per your suggestions.

The drivers installed properly and the card is working now. The only thing I did different this time was to be sure without a doubt I reseated the card, and also swapped the 2x 6+2 power connectors (daisy chained) order.

I would assume it was a seating issue, but idk and i'm not going reinstall and test it out lol.

TY very much :)

Shane Hawk

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2013
I figured this might help some who are looking to uprade to a more modern low-mid range priced gpu.

This card is running every single game I own @ 75 hz ultra everything with no fps dips at all, and it's doing it at 60% of the temps my RX 580 8 gig was getting whileusing low-medium settings with no AA (had to do this to maintain 50-60 fps). my 580 could not hold 60 fps on graphically intense games even at lower settings.

Not only are the temps and performance are so much better, but it's using 30% - 70% less watts, and there is tons of head room to go as far as utilization. I could run probably 95% of my games at 1440p based on utilization of the card at 1080p.