[SOLVED] RX 6800 Low Gpu Usage in all games.

• Thread starter Deleted member 362816
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 362816

I will give the best rundown that I can about what I have tried. Any advice I will be willing to try at this point.

Specs:
CPU: i5 - 10400F (4.0GHZ all core) (Hyper 212 Black)
GPU: AMD RX 6800 Ref (pci 3.0 x16)
Ram: 2x16gb ddr4 oloy 3200 mhz
PSU: enermax revolution d.f. 650 Watt (System only pulls 400 watts under full synthetic load on CPU and GPU at same time)
Case: Fractal Torrent Nano
Windows 11 Pro (Tried 10 also didn't help any)
Motherboard: AsRock h570m ITX/AC
NVME: Samsung 970 pro 500GB (pci 3.0 x4)
Monitor: Dell 27 1440P 165hz IPS (Display Port)

The system had a rtx 3060ti in it before I upgraded to this rx 6800, I did not have these issues at all with that card on the same system.

Fresh install was done once the card was changed.

I am using the most recent stable non beta drivers direct from AMD.

So the only place that I can get the GPU to use 97-99% is in Furmark, OCCT, 3dMark and Warzone when you drop from the plane. All test done at 1440p as that is what I have for a monitor.

For example games like BFV at 1440p run at 100fps but only 60-70% GPU usage.

I have set min and max clock speeds in wattman, While this does boost the clock the GPU usage does not change.

After loads of research and seeing other systems with the same CPU and GPU not having these issues. I do not foresee this being a bottleneck especially at 1440p.

I had similar issues on my 5700xt years ago and I never did find a solution to that. (totally diff system)

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
low gpu usage means cpu cant keep up to feed your gpu with more work
if you dont have some performance issues like stuttering, you can use better game details or resolution (vsr/dsr) and antialiasing to put more load on your gpu, if thats what you want
if you dont have some performance issues like stuttering, you can use better game details or resolution (vsr/dsr) and antialiasing to put more load on your gpu, if thats what you want

Solution
D

Deleted member 362816

I totally understand that but that is not the case in the games I am playing as advised same cpu/gpu combos on YouTube etc. they don't have this issue.

CPU usage is not pegged in any of these tests also.

D

Deleted member 362816

CPU and GPU temps while gaming? What cooler are you using on the CPU? Are you certain your ram is running at 3200?

Yes AsRock enabled ram overclock on the h570 Platform, Checked with GPU-Z ram is at 3200Mhz.

Cpu 212 Black temps never get above 55c

Gpu Die never above 71C in 3dmark at 99% usage, 91c Memory