[SOLVED] RX 6900xt for 750$

5900x

Commendable
Aug 18, 2021
An offer just opened up in one of my regional shops in another city for a Sapphire Toxic 6900xt for 750$. Is this a good deal or the 6xxx series will come down more? And also should I further wait hoping Nvidia/AMD would do some price drops on the new cards or just pull the trigger? Need to future proof for next 5 years.

Solution
No, you don't understand, by future proof I don't mean it needs to be ultra graphics for 5 years with all shinny things, I just mean it has to be capable of surviving at a comfortable 60fps with whatever comes out. I have stretched out my 970GTX for 7 years now skipping all gens, and so onto the next one now.
Do you have to buy an LC doe? I have seen much better deals for 6900XTs and if you are willing to go as high as $750 you might wanna wait for a potential XT price drop.

5900x

Commendable
Aug 18, 2021
No, you don't understand, by future proof I don't mean it needs to be ultra graphics for 5 years with all shinny things, I just mean it has to be capable of surviving at a comfortable 60fps with whatever comes out. I have stretched out my 970GTX for 7 years now skipping all gens, and so onto the next one now.

Elusive Ruse

Commendable
Nov 17, 2022
Do you have to buy an LC doe? I have seen much better deals for 6900XTs and if you are willing to go as high as $750 you might wanna wait for a potential XT price drop.

Reactions: 5900x
Solution

5900x

Commendable
Aug 18, 2021
I would NEVER buy an AIO GPU!
I know what you mean and I understand this. I also have similar thoughts.

This is what I wanted to know. No I don't have to go for LC, just the sudden pricing of this card caught me offguard as I never expected anything like it to be here in my region and hence my question if this price is good for this particular model. And you say "as high as" so you mean there are relative cheaper 6900xts out there but I'm not in the USA and a lot of price gouging happens here.

But yeah, I think it's sensible to wait some more and look at things, not like my 970GTX ever complains about anything.

Elusive Ruse

Commendable
Nov 17, 2022
I know what you mean and I understand this. I also have similar thoughts.

This is what I wanted to know. No I don't have to go for LC, just the sudden pricing of this card caught me offguard as I never expected anything like it to be here in my region and hence my question if this price is good for this particular model. And you say "as high as" so you mean there are relative cheaper 6900xts out there but I'm not in the USA and a lot of price gouging happens here.

But yeah, I think it's sensible to wait some more and look at things, not like my 970GTX ever complains about anything.
I live in Europe, I'm still on my Quadro P2000 lol, I have been meaning to upgrade for years but the pandemic and the ensuing shortage, inflation and Euro retailer skullduggery has kept me living in the stone age still. With a 970 you are in a much better boat, so I recommend you hold on to your hard earned cash.