Question RX 7900 XT coil whine ?

CHEFY

Prominent
Jan 20, 2023
Hello everyone, thank you for willing to help.

So I just purchased Rx 7900 xt from power color. It's a reference version.

I have a good 850w gold PSU..

So as soon as I started Apex legends I got some coile whine, not much actually when I checked videos of what other people get. my GPU not really loud....

*When I notice it*

If GPU is running on default settings, my man likes some hot temperatures, so on 73° (78-79 hot spot) fans are running 600 rpm.... -_-, I set custom curve because it's really hot in my county and it goes 1000-1200 rpm and 63° (71 hot spot). So, if they spin by default, you can hear the coil whine, but at 40-41% fan speed you can even understand its little fan noise or coil whine...

While clocking down to 90% of possible mGHZ helps, undervolt does nothing.

I have 14 days left if I want to ask to change the card on Amazon, but I am living in Georgia, sending it there and waiting for a new one will take me like 20 days + (20-30$ for shipping) .... Do you think it is worth it ? I hate coil whine. Even if I can't hear it in my headset, I know it's here and I hate it... The fact that I paid 750$ to get a coil whine makes me crazy...

(If needed I can send a little video of coil whine sound)

ilukey77

Reputable
Jan 30, 2021
i must ask is the coil whine in menus or while actually playing the game my powercolor 7900xtx red devil coil whines when in menus but once in game its gone..
usually ffxiv mmo and does the same in some other games while in menus !!
due to the fps in menus are really really high like in the 400 to 500 fps plus but settles down to the the 180 200 in game !!

worse case contact powercolors support explain the situation give them a few days they may tell you to send it back great if not and its really annoying you send it back anyway .. you could have the same problem 50/50 with another honestly but if its really annoying you send it back !!

CHEFY

Prominent
Jan 20, 2023
i must ask is the coil whine in menus or while actually playing the game my powercolor 7900xtx red devil coil whines when in menus but once in game its gone..
usually ffxiv mmo and does the same in some other games while in menus !!
due to the fps in menus are really really high like in the 400 to 500 fps plus but settles down to the the 180 200 in game !!

worse case contact powercolors support explain the situation give them a few days they may tell you to send it back great if not and its really annoying you send it back anyway .. you could have the same problem 50/50 with another honestly but if its really annoying you send it back !!
It's really quite, I undervolt it little for temperature... If I lock apex 240fps there is literally no coil whine... Really really quite... If you wanna know I have PC on my desk woth open side panel.. If i close it and put under desk you can't hear it... I was just interested maybe sound can evolve or something IDK 😅 becom more loud or something....