[SOLVED] Rx vega bad gpu usage,stuttering freezing, bad fps in all games..

Jan 14, 2019
I just bought a new rig:
Amd ryzen 2600x
Rx vega 64 asus triple air cooler
16gb 2666mhz ramm(iknow i should have gone with 3000mhz)
650watt psu cooler master

When i got installed all driver etc etc.. i tried some games, for example tom clancy, i tried all different settings on game, same fps, 30-55 fps and stuttering and freezing, same for almodt every game i tried, i also did alot of research and tried all kinds of things with wattman and everything. Same result no changes at all, reinstalled drivers many times, same for win 10.

When i start a game the psu starts making noises, so i started to believe maybe the card dosent get enough power?
Or maybe its the ramm?
The cpu works around 20- max50 % on different games, gpu works between 50-80% usually its on 60%
Temps are good.

Any new ideas i havent tried or some tips?

Solution
I disagree as well get a better PSU and 750+. That is your problem there. Also make sure your RAM is in the right slots according to the MOBO. And before you worry about RAM speed make sure your MOBO will even run it at that speed. I'd also run everything at default RAM CPU the VEGA etc start eliminating things.

gogi

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
Shouldnt be the PSU, if it were the psu the whole pc would crash.Lower your cpu voltage to see if its a vrm overheating issue. Ryzen does prefer faster ram but i doubt it would cause lower gpu usage. Also what games are you playing. Could you maybe post your usage from monitoring?

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador

Totally disagree...while not all Cool master PSU are fire hazards at best, many are. I suggest the OP get a new quality PSU regardless. Something by Seasonic would be ideal though some of the EVGA RM units are great as some of the higher end corsair units. Check this tier list and if your PSU is not in tier 1 or 2, replace it with one that is.

what is the exact make and model PSU (not just cool master 650watt as they sell a lot of PSUs some are ok to good while many of them are outright dangerous to a PC and your health).

Jan 14, 2019
I have now replaced my psu with Corsair TX850M, 850W PSU,
The psu noise is gone, i can maybe slightly see little perfomance boost but not near the perfomance i should see, and sometimes now i get blackscreen and display not found, have to do hard reset to boot up again, bo error messages, is my card faulthy? And it dosent use 945mzh clock speed, its locked on 800, if i try lock it on 945mhz it freezes in game and no perfomance increase, i gonna check my ramm if its dual channel or not, i placed it in right slots, followed motherboard manual.

Jan 14, 2019
My ramm corsair vengance is dual channel, i can post monitoring stats later today when i get home, if i use benchmark in tom clancy i get higher usage on gpu, but in game its totally different, 40-60 %usage maybe

Jay Fury

Honorable
Mar 30, 2015
I disagree as well get a better PSU and 750+. That is your problem there. Also make sure your RAM is in the right slots according to the MOBO. And before you worry about RAM speed make sure your MOBO will even run it at that speed. I'd also run everything at default RAM CPU the VEGA etc start eliminating things.

Solution

gogi

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
No idea howmany cores tom clancy uses at a time and if the ryzen even can reach 100% in that game. Could you do some syntetic benchmarks to see if they can ramp up your gpu without crashing, such as Superposition or unigine heaven.