Discussion RX vega M graphics in the i7 8809g vs the graphics in the ryzen 7 8700g?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Rx 570 is GCN 4 with 32 CU, 2048 shaders.

8809G was a GCN 5 based Vega with 24 CU, 1536 shaders.

They did have roughly the same memory bandwidth and clock speeds. There really wasn't anything else all that comparable though with AMDs APUs topping out at 11 CU and the smallest GCN 5 GPU having 56 CU.

Probably would have fallen closer to being between the RX560 and RX570 all things considered.

I have been meaning to buy one just to have, and possibly replace my portable Lenovo Thinkstick.

Did find this while I was poking around, interesting:

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/zhongshan-subor-z-gpu.c3301

Reactions: Order 66

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
Usually a few oddities hiding in the Asian market. You can also get the APU from an Xbox/PS on a board with the GDDR6 system memory. Not a great computer, but it is interesting.
I have seen that. I would love to be able to use it for an hour. I can't justify buying it, but I would love to use it. I wonder how fast a ramdisk on this PC would be since it has GDDR6.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
That is an interesting question, maximum would be the total memory bandwidth. In practice, less since you would be sharing with the running OS. It would also be quite small and pointless. Since that is the main system memory, any game running in it would have the same effect as long as it could run everything it needed in memory.

My understanding is the latency on the memory is poor, so that it doesn't make for a great general computing experience. Only the optimizations that the console software developers do make it a viable gaming platform.

Reactions: Order 66

TRENDING THREADS