[SOLVED] RX570 4GB gigabyte AORUS, low fps and low power consumption (below 30W) playing games (Gta 5 very high settings) issue

Jan 6, 2021
hi,

I am am having this trouble now when playing GTA 5 at very high setting, fps are around 25-30, temps less than 36 degrees and power consumption never go above 30w.
Before that power consumption was around 90 w and i was getting really good frames. I am have restored my system setting and even of AMD drivers and also re-plugged everything I am not sure what could be the issue now. Need some suggestions

Specs:
i5 4590
RAM: 12 gb (8 and 4 gb) corsair vengeance 1600MHz
GPU: RX570 4GB gigabyte AORUS
Motherboard : Msi h81m p33
PSU: Cooler master ELITE POWER 460W

Last edited:
Solution
first of all, sorry for the late reply, so, go to the performance tab in your radeon settings, then tuning next to the monitor tab, click manual tuning, and at the bottom of the screen, you will find power consumption, good thing about amd cards is that you can undervolt it pretty easily, and thus reducing power and heat significantly if tuned right, reply me again if you already found the settings and want to undervolt your card
hi, thanks for the reply, I tried to find it but in the newest AMD Radeon driver i only found the power limit option in the tuning settings and which can be adjusted in the the percentages. However, I came to know that there is a common issue with AMD known as the "300 MHz clock speed glitch" and found...

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You can try updating your motherboard BIOS, if there are any pending, then look to see that your OS is up to date if you're on Windows 10, then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and manually install the latest drivers for your AMD card in an elevated command. Though I am skeptical about your PSU and the GPU in the build. The first thing is that the PSU is horrible and you're underpowering the GPU. If I were you I'd have picked a PSU that was reliably built and had at least 550W of power for the entire system.

You might want to consider getting a dual channel ram kit or either working with a single 8GB stick of ram.

Jan 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You can try updating your motherboard BIOS, if there are any pending, then look to see that your OS is up to date if you're on Windows 10, then use DDU to uninstall your GPU drivers and manually install the latest drivers for your AMD card in an elevated command. Though I am skeptical about your PSU and the GPU in the build. The first thing is that the PSU is horrible and you're underpowering the GPU. If I were you I'd have picked a PSU that was reliably built and had at least 550W of power for the entire system.

You might want to consider getting a dual channel ram kit or either working with a single 8GB stick of ram.
thank ill update the BIOS and see if it solves the issue

erifino10

Commendable
Jul 16, 2018
Can you please tell how can I check in radeon settings?
first of all, sorry for the late reply, so, go to the performance tab in your radeon settings, then tuning next to the monitor tab, click manual tuning, and at the bottom of the screen, you will find power consumption, good thing about amd cards is that you can undervolt it pretty easily, and thus reducing power and heat significantly if tuned right, reply me again if you already found the settings and want to undervolt your card

Jan 6, 2021
hi, thanks for the reply, I tried to find it but in the newest AMD Radeon driver i only found the power limit option in the tuning settings and which can be adjusted in the the percentages. However, I came to know that there is a common issue with AMD known as the "300 MHz clock speed glitch" and found some fixes on google. One worked for me I am sharing as it may help other as well and it does not looks like a solid fix but works.
: https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/11/1734333281937729705/

Solution