[SOLVED] rx570 dead??

Dec 6, 2019
idk if my rx570 is dead
but when I turn on my computer
every fan is spinning except my gpu's fan
and there is no signal on the monitor
however, it was fine a few hours ago
it runs games perfectly at 6x c degree
I wonder what kills my gpu, could a psu possibly kill it?

I have tried clearing cmos
reinstalling the gpu
none of them works

my spec is:
r5 1600
16gb 3200mhz ddr4
msi b450i gaming plus ac
msg armor rx 570 8gb oc
in win a1

thanks for reading my question!

Solution
is it safe to plug it in to test?
im so afraid of it breaks my gpu again

Impossible to say. If there was any reason to truly suspect the GPU is dead, then no, I would not try a new GPU on it.

I'm not convinced the PSU will turn out the be the culprit here in the end, but it's probably a good idea to replace the PSU anyway.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
A PSU certainly can kill a GPU, but I'm not reading anything here that's definitively confirming your GPU is 'dead'.

It's possible the PSU can no longer adequately power the GPU.
I don't know much about InWins PSUs.... I want to say they're PowerMan, but I could be misremembering.

Without an alternate PSU to test, or a lower powered GPU (PCIe only, 750/750TI/1030 etc), it's going to be very difficult to diagnose.

Dec 6, 2019
A PSU certainly can kill a GPU, but I'm not reading anything here that's definitively confirming your GPU is 'dead'.

It's possible the PSU can no longer adequately power the GPU.
I don't know much about InWins PSUs.... I want to say they're PowerMan, but I could be misremembering.

Without an alternate PSU to test, or a lower powered GPU (PCIe only, 750/750TI/1030 etc), it's going to be very difficult to diagnose.
thanks for the reply!
I would try my best to find another pc to test
anyway I actually ordered a new gpu because i was intended to upgrade my gpu
is it safe to plug it in to test?
im so afraid of it breaks my gpu again

Dec 6, 2019
Impossible to say. If there was any reason to truly suspect the GPU is dead, then no, I would not try a new GPU on it.

I'm not convinced the PSU will turn out the be the culprit here in the end, but it's probably a good idea to replace the PSU anyway.
yes I tested the gpu on another pc today
it turns out the gpu is broken
so how often could a psu kill it
or it just overheating to dead