[SOLVED] Rx570 plus ryzen 3 2200g lag

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Sep 3, 2019
basically i built a gaming pc.
The specs are
1tb HDD
fsp psu 750watts
rx 570 4gb
ryzen 3 2200g
1x8gb ddr4 2400
So when i play any game it can be fortnite forza gta literally any game i always stutter and lag out and it goes from 60 down to 10 every 2 seconds, i'm only a kid and saved up a long time for this pc and makes me sad and regretted my choices from getting a console. Guys please help
Also i ran msi afterburner and the gpu is like jumping from 0 percent to 100 every second causing lag spikes literally unplayable. Also I cut one of my psu cable(a molex one I didnt need) so could the psu play part for the lag I'm not sure someone please help

Solution
Then the GPU could be a faulty unit. You really should test in other hardware though because we are like a blind man painting at this point. We are only talking possibilities right now.
Apr 2, 2019
Then the GPU could be a faulty unit. You really should test in other hardware though because we are like a blind man painting at this point. We are only talking possibilities right now.
Hey, i put my gpu in the next slot down cos why not im desperate and saw a drastic change in fps. I can play gta 5 1080p high around 45-60fps and same for forza horizon 4 . But fortnite pr game lobby it lags like crazy 0 -100 fps and same from jumping off the bus. But once i have landed its smooth. If someone knows a fix for the pre game lobby lag let me know and if not thank you all very much for the help anyway. BTW i did take the gpu in a local ship and it is fine.

RLarcosPES2

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2014
Hey, i put my gpu in the next slot down cos why not im desperate and saw a drastic change in fps. I can play gta 5 1080p high around 45-60fps and same for forza horizon 4 . But fortnite pr game lobby it lags like crazy 0 -100 fps and same from jumping off the bus. But once i have landed its smooth. If someone knows a fix for the pre game lobby lag let me know and if not thank you all very much for the help anyway. BTW i did take the gpu in a local ship and it is fine.
Then the motherboard is probably the culprit. Although you should test every hardware on your PC. I suggest leaving it like this for now until you get enough money for a new PSU and motherboard. If it is satisfactory enough for you of course, like this.