RX570 Rounded Custom Resolution

sampaudel0

Prominent
Dec 20, 2018
I need to change my display's resolution for gaming, specifically Fortnite. I have the 'MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC' and I use the default 'AMD Radeon Settings' program. I whenever I try to use certain horizontal resolutions it changes the value automatically. For example, if I try to use 1444 as my horizontal, it automatically changes to 1440 - and if I input 1154, it switches it to 1156. I also change the 'H.Timing Display' along with the Horizontal Resolution. Is there an option to stop this, or am I just stuck with a slightly off resolution?

Use what the card switches it to, not sure why a few pixels off here and there would even be an issue, there is no way you can see that on the screen. It's like someone saying they had 1444 hairs on their head but actually had 1440, would you be able to tell the difference?

sampaudel0

Prominent
Dec 20, 2018

Having the resolution off my a pixel affects the crosshair in some cases, affecting the size, etc.

P.S. I didn't ask you to criticize my question, answer only if you have a solution 'Moderator'.