Question RX5700XT or RTX 2070 SUPER for VR application

Capslock128

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
All of the benchmark I found said 2070S is 5-10% better than 5700XT for non VR application and up to 20% better for VR.
If it the same 5-10% I would have choose 5700XT already but 20% better performance for 100$ start to make some sense to me. what should I get?

Capslock128

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
at first I am looking at some reddit post and here but it is written back in July
https://hothardware.com/reviews/amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-and-rx-5700-review?page=2
but while I search for that link, I just found this
which is written just last week and 5700XT look significantly better here. does the anniversary edition have any performance difference from the standard one?

performance in regular games they should be on par. but VR is not just simply putting the "monitor" on your head. they got other things going like those "reprojection" and stuff. there isn't many VR benchmark or videos because there are technically no triple A games for VR but from various test that has been done in the past nvidia GPU tend to better not just in performance but also stability. hard ocp has done several VR test in the past especially with RX480 vs GTX1060. most often that not the VR tittles that they tested had less issue on nvidia GPU even if the performance should be on par.

personally i think the lack real triple A games for VR is one thing that becoming a problem with AMD. because AMD in general work less with non triple A dev.

2070S is faster and has RT, frankly performance wise, for whatever you will do that would require cards like that, both will do, what you gotta decide is the pricing, do you wanna pay some more for raytracing and a bit more of performance? make no mistake, 2070 super

dont care about RT? then you can save some bucks and get the 5700 and be happy with the extra bucks on ya pocket enjoying a great performance.

imo both cards are the ultimate 1080p, and will do 1440p locking that pretty sweet 60 fps with minor adjusts.

VR wise, i doubt there ill be this massive 20% performance diff