Question rx5700xt partner card cooling issue

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
Gigabyte partner RX5700XT oc card (Overclocked)
Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD
Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
2x 16gb DIMM DDR4 @3466 (heavy OC)
B450 Tomahawk max Motherboard
EVGA 650w QG

When pushing my pc in stress tests and putting the fans to the point where its not too loud for me (55%) the hotspot value in GPUz sensor can go up to 108 degrees. Whereas the overall value of temperature is like 75 degrees, memory 86 degrees. Is this hotspot temperature that important? Also when I have side panel off I can go down to 44% fan speed and the hotspot value is around 100 degrees (also quieter) Im thinking maybe the hotspot is coming from the heat panel on the back of the card? But the dust issue is there, also my pc is high up like on a shelf so leaving side panel is an option but I don't like the idea of dust having free access as mesh dust covers around fans get build up fast.

You might suggest to not overclock the card. However when its running normal no OC I notice games freeze up sometimes or stutter in scenes. Whereas in OC same scenes are fluid. So this isn't really an option.

My fan set up is 3 intakes at the front end of pc (really bad case design though only small gaps near bottom that lets air in to these fans) one intake at top of pc, one exhaust fan at the back top and one intake at the bottom of the pc hitting the gpu. (this was a recent one and it does help reduce temps)

Thanks for any suggestions.

TRENDING THREADS