Question rx5700xt screen flickering with new drivers

cronus.jitter

Commendable
Jul 2, 2018
as the title says everytime i try to update my gpu drivers i begin to experience screen flickering in games. earlier i tried installing the latest amd driver that being 20.8.1 and i had major screen flickering issues. its the same with all the drivers that are newer than 20.4.2. i want to know if anyone else has this problem or knows how to solve it. i dont think its the gpu its self as it clocks properly and gpu junction stays in the low 80s and memory dosnt go a touch over 70c. please any help will be appreciated.

Tartarnos

Prominent
Aug 19, 2019
When you update your drivers, there will be a prompt telling you that your screen will flicker during the update. If you're talking about post update, just go back to 20.4.2 or an older version.

cronus.jitter

Commendable
Jul 2, 2018
When you update your drivers, there will be a prompt telling you that your screen will flicker during the update. If you're talking about post update, just go back to 20.4.2 or an older version.
no im not talking during the update. i ddu my drivers and install the new drivers and after the restart all is well till i start trying to run games.

Crazyirish

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2012
I'm having the exact same issue. Driver version 2.8.1 has gotten a bit better but still incredibly annoying. I reset my machine just to see if it was an incompatibility with another driver but the same issue persists. I guess I have to do downgrade to 20.4.2 again.

Gigabyte RX 5700XT
Asus Tuf Gaming Plus x570
Ryzen 3 3700x

cronus.jitter

Commendable
Jul 2, 2018
I'm having the exact same issue. Driver version 2.8.1 has gotten a bit better but still incredibly annoying. I reset my machine just to see if it was an incompatibility with another driver but the same issue persists. I guess I have to do downgrade to 20.4.2 again.

Gigabyte RX 5700XT
Asus Tuf Gaming Plus x570
Ryzen 3 3700x
im glad im not the only one i just hope they fix it soon.