[SOLVED] RX5700XT VS Gigabyte RTX 2060 GAMING OC PRO 6G (White)

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Having some issues with my RX5700XT due to bad software.. Weighing up sending it back and buying this RTX 2060 just thinking on how they stack up vs each other. I know the OC has way better cooling and noise (apparently) However I think the RX smashes performance wise?

However they are the same price for me. Let me know your thoughts or any other recommended cards you may have for me.

Solution
Bad software?? What kind of software? That sounds suspect. Is it some other software you are required to use, or AMD/Radeon software? Please specify.

On the comparison, I'd much rather have the RX 5700XT. It is more comparable to the RTX 2070.

What resolution do you game in?
Bad software?? What kind of software? That sounds suspect. Is it some other software you are required to use, or AMD/Radeon software? Please specify.

On the comparison, I'd much rather have the RX 5700XT. It is more comparable to the RTX 2070.

What resolution do you game in?

Solution

kingbowcat

Reputable
Oct 9, 2019
Just 1080 atm but may change in future. I was referring to Radeon software. I thought it was a well known problem. The Rx was having trouble in ultra 1080 on Witcher 3 stuttering.

And recently I played far cry primal and on intro massive screen tearing but in game it was fine.

Just 1080 atm but may change in future. I was referring to Radeon software. I thought it was a well known problem. The Rx was having trouble in ultra 1080 on Witcher 3 stuttering.

And recently I played far cry primal and on intro massive screen tearing but in game it was fine.
Maybe there are some software issues I'm not aware of, I've been out of the loop for a few weeks. Seems like it would only be temporary if that were the case.

I guess I should have just asked what monitor you have? Does it not have FreeSync? If not, then a monitor upgrade could be an easy solution to screen tearing. FreeSync monitors now also work with Nvidia GTX 10 and RTX 20 series GPUs, so a good FreeSync monitor is a good investment.