May 1, 2019
At first i thought that i was very sure that i knew how to choose the right parts for a pc build, how to install everything etc. , but all the mobo and ram incompatability problems that i've read left me very confused. :D Maybe i just got too anxious and overreacted on all the problems , idk .

Are there any ryzen 5 3600 ready out of the box b450 motherboards? I've read that the b450 Tomahawk MAX is ready out of the box, but there were people saying that they still had to flash their bios multiple times .

This might sound stupid for more understanding pc guys, but im just trying to make sure on everything, definitely don't want to screw up my first ever pc build :/

Solution
The B450 tomahawk max does have support, right out of the box, but my understanding it still isn't perfect, support wise. It is probably best to either get a low end x570, or wait for B550.
Any b450 motherboard might need to be flashed to support Ryzen 3rd gen, since it was released before the Ryzen 3000 was released.
You might be able to get one that was update before it was shipped.

The b450 Tomahawk MAX has a feature (BIOS flashback) that will allow to update the BIOS even without CPU or RAM installed.

Reactions: garlicc juice
Oct 24, 2019
At first i thought that i was very sure that i knew how to choose the right parts for a pc build, how to install everything etc. , but all the mobo and ram incompatability problems that i've read left me very confused. :D Maybe i just got too anxious and overreacted on all the problems , idk .

Are there any ryzen 5 3600 ready out of the box b450 motherboards? I've read that the b450 Tomahawk MAX is ready out of the box, but there were people saying that they still had to flash their bios multiple times .

This might sound stupid for more understanding pc guys, but im just trying to make sure on everything, definitely don't want to screw up my first ever pc build :/
Yes there is too much problem with msi boards I encountered the same it's better buy it physically and ask your vendor to upgrade your bios to latest ones or buy with a manufacturing date that is after September 2019.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: garlicc juice

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016

As far as I know, the msi b450 tomahawk max is ready out of the box with ryzen 3000(according to msi)

May 1, 2019
The B450 tomahawk max does have support, right out of the box, but my understanding it still isn't perfect, support wise. It is probably best to either get a low end x570, or wait for B550.
Yeah i will wait for the B550 because i still have to save some money up, i didnt know that there will be a B550 mobo so thats news for me, thanks!