Ryzen 1600 - Temperature spikes and don't know why

Feb 3, 2019
Hi all,
Firstly - Setup:
Motherboard: Asus B350-F Gaming
CPU: Ryzen 1600 OC'd to 4.025Ghz
Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite ML120L AIO
RAM: 2x8gb G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3000Mhz (running at 2666mhz - damn you Ryzen!)
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070
Case: Rosewill something something mid tower
-------------------------------------------------------------------
So as per the title, my CPU temp randomly spikes every ~8-10 seconds and I have no idea why, or if it's something that's just normal. While idling on the desktop, one second it'll be at 36 degrees, and the next second it will jump right up to 48-50 degrees and immediately start coming back down. To eliminate the possibility of the CPU fan alternating speed and having an impact on temp, I've set the fan to a static fan speed between 33-50 degrees. I believe I've got the core voltage at 1.36v, with LLC set to medium. I'll link a picture so you can see the spikes via Afterburner, and also HWINFO up to see if you guys see anything that looks wrong or that could possibly explain the spikes... thanks!

Picture

Feb 3, 2019

It's already been on high performance power plan the whole time I've had my PC.

Feb 3, 2019

Ok. Nope, the max temp I've had during gaming(over hours of straight gaming) has been about 67-68 degrees. I think there was one instance where it briefly hit 71. And yeah, I'm surprised I was able to even get to that speed, I know the 1600 is a fairly picky processor, though I wasn't able to get over 4.025Ghz.

Latest posts