VaizardsParagon

Reputable
Jul 1, 2017
Hi! I'm currently running a single stick 8gb 2400 mhz ram (Hyper X) on my Ryzen PC (Ryzen 5 1500x) would I be easily be able to upgrade to (PNY XLR8 16gb)16gb dual channel 3200mhz without issues? My motherboard is MSI B350 mortar. I've heard that 1st gen Ryzen Chips had issues running memory at its rated speed. Is it still true in 2020 or has it been fixed?

Solution
Hi! I'm currently running a single stick 8gb 2400 mhz ram (Hyper X) on my Ryzen PC (Ryzen 5 1500x) would I be easily be able to upgrade to (PNY XLR8 16gb)16gb dual channel 3200mhz without issues? My motherboard is MSI B350 mortar. I've heard that 1st gen Ryzen Chips had issues running memory at its rated speed. Is it still true in 2020 or has it been fixed?
With that combination (CPU + MB) it's difficult to have memory faster than 2933MHz except wit RAM with Samsung b-die. That shouldn't stop you from getting 3200MHz RAM, even if it will not work at that speed, it will be easier to run at 2933MHz and also with lower latency which also helps performance. Getting RAM in one set of 2 modules also helps a lot because of dual...
With that combination (CPU + MB) it's difficult to have memory faster than 2933MHz except wit RAM with Samsung b-die. That shouldn't stop you from getting 3200MHz RAM, even if it will not work at that speed, it will be easier to run at 2933MHz and also with lower latency which also helps performance. Getting RAM in one set of 2 modules also helps a lot because of dual channel, at least one third faster.

Solution

VaizardsParagon

Reputable
Jul 1, 2017
With that combination (CPU + MB) it's difficult to have memory faster than 2933MHz except wit RAM with Samsung b-die. That shouldn't stop you from getting 3200MHz RAM, even if it will not work at that speed, it will be easier to run at 2933MHz and also with lower latency which also helps performance. Getting RAM in one set of 2 modules also helps a lot because of dual channel, at least one third faster.

So I won't be able to run at a full 3200mhz but there would be no issues if I consider stepping down the frequency? Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS