Ryzen 2400G APU Display Driver BSOD

Aug 27, 2018
I just built my first PC and trying to install the drivers is making this a very regretful decision.
I built my PC with the parts below:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2400G 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI - B450M PRO-M2 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Team - Vulcan 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Case: Rosewill - FBM-X1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

I've updated the BIOS. I've installed all Windows Updates. I've installed the chipset drivers, trying both from AMD and MSI. Everything seems to be working okay until I try to install any of the display drivers from AMD. I'll install the display driver, restart the computer, and it will either BSOD at the login screen or shortly after logging me in.

The BSOD message says TDR Failure with "atikmpag.sys" being the cause.

If I go into safe mode, and remove all AMD drivers using DDU, then reboot into normal mode, everything works as normal again. The problem is that this PC was built for some gaming, however I need the latest display driver to run most games, and installing it crashes my PC.

I ran the memory diagnostics test in windows and it came back good. Other than that I haven't tested much. These are all new parts, just put together on Friday.

Please help with any advice.

Solution
What is the memory currently running at?
Memory Clock Speed
DRAM Timings
DRAM Voltage

You also may want to list the memory part number or a link to it.
Aug 27, 2018

This is a clean Windows 10 install using the Windows 10 Creation tool from Microsoft. Installed using a USB Drive

Aug 27, 2018

I tried that driver earlier but it crashed with the same BSOD message. Should I change the frequencies before installing the new driver?