Question Ryzen 2400g extremely poor preformance

Sep 14, 2019
I have just built a new pc with the ryzen 2400g.i chose it due to me being on a budget and the benchmarks on youtube looked promising.however after i built my system many games are unplayable with most titles getting 5 fps on 1080p and 15-20 on 720p im asking if anyone else has had this issue and if they know what the issue is

MY PC: Ryzen 5 2400g overclocked to 3900mhz
16gb 300mhz Corsair vengance DDR4 ram
msi B450 tomahawk
AMD stock cooler
WD blue 1 TB hard drive

THE GAMES: CSGO - wont launch
War thunder - crashes after signing in
HOI4 -3-5 FPS in the game but fine in the menu
Rising Storm 2 - 3-8 FPS in the menu
im just looking for someone to help me out

Sep 14, 2019
Before overclocking anything you should be getting this system running correctly as is, so whatever you did to overclock it make sure its removed.

Secondly, go here and download and install the latest Adenalin driver

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/...processors-radeon-vega-graphics/amd-ryzen-5-0

Do a clean install of it.

Test your games and let us know.
Thanks for the reply

I have reset my Bios to default setting and it still has these issues i have already installed the Drivers you have linked.

Sep 14, 2019
Go here and run this and share the link to the results

https://www.userbenchmark.com/

Then, do you have Steam? if so download 3dMark trial and run the Firestrike test, and share the link to that result.
Thanks for the help i have finished the userBenchmark and this is the results

UserBenchmarks:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G - 49.9%
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012) - 96.3%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - 68%
MBD: MSI B450 Tomahawk

it also stated high background CPU usage, However this is a clean install of windows i have factory reset and i have only installed :Steam, Spotify, Discord, AMD Driver, and google chrome

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Thanks for the help i have finished the userBenchmark and this is the results

UserBenchmarks:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400G - 49.9%
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012) - 96.3%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - 68%
MBD: MSI B450 Tomahawk

Thanks for that.

What is running in the background? The bench specifically says something is using up 55% of your processor before even running this. The bench failed.

Show me a screen shot of your task manager Processes, sorted by CPU%

Sep 14, 2019
Thanks for that.

What is running in the background? The bench specifically says something is using up 55% of your processor before even running this. The bench failed.

Show me a screen shot of your task manager Processes, sorted by CPU%
Heres the screenshot without the test running i could only get the screenshot to work though discord

Also i ran the test again and it did not test the integrated graphics the was the error message it gave

INFO: Found 1 graphics card(s) and 1 active display(s)
INFO: Starting GPU Benchmarks
WARN: skipping AMD Radeon(TM) RX Vega 11 Graphics - unable to locate attached display
INFO: Completed GPU benchmarks

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/467814538863968267/622603692536758293/unknown.png

Last edited:

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Thats your problem there. For some reason the Graphics drivers are not working correctly.

How are you connecting your monitor?

When you do the install of the latest drivers that I linked it says its successful?

Check device manager and tell me if you see any errors.

Are you running the latest most updated Windows 10?

Reactions: leon fairclough2002
Sep 14, 2019
Thats your problem there. For some reason the Graphics drivers are not working correctly.

How are you connecting your monitor?

When you do the install of the latest drivers that I linked it says its successful?

Check device manager and tell me if you see any errors.

Are you running the latest most updated Windows 10?

Thanks for the suggestion i checked device manager and my display adaptor had a a Error 12 so i follow videos and YouTube and articles and resolved the issue.

you have been a amazing helper thanks for all the information and suggestions

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
Thanks for the suggestion i checked device manager and my display adaptor had a a Error 12 so i follow videos and YouTube and articles and resolved the issue.

you have been a amazing helper thanks for all the information and suggestions

Glad it worked out, can you share what links you used to solve this issue? That may help other people in the future if they have the same issue. Thanks.