[SOLVED] Ryzen 2600 default voltage

Fcc

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
so i’m not able to over clock my ryzen 2600 to 3.8ghz with stock cooler when trying 1.12 or 1.13, it just works above 1.18v, but my cpu in cinebench and occt test goes up to 90 degrees, so i’m just leaving it at stock 3.4 ghz till i get a new cooler, my question is what voltage can i set with 3.4ghz? i did 1.0v, played around 1 hour of warzone, restarted my pc and it was on black screen and ez debug led on my motherboard said something was wrong with my cpu, so i had to take out the battery of my mb and then my pc was okay, what voltage should i put with 3.4ghz for the lowest consumption and get better temps.

my motherboard is a msi b450m gaming plus.

Solution
so i’m not able to over clock my ryzen 2600 to 3.8ghz with stock cooler when trying 1.12 or 1.13, it just works above 1.18v, but my cpu in cinebench and occt test goes up to 90 degrees, so i’m just leaving it at stock 3.4 ghz till i get a new cooler, my question is what voltage can i set with 3.4ghz? i did 1.0v, played around 1 hour of warzone, restarted my pc and it was on black screen and ez debug led on my motherboard said something was wrong with my cpu, so i had to take out the battery of my mb and then my pc was okay, what voltage should i put with 3.4ghz for the lowest consumption and get better temps.

Guidance provided by the Overclocking Masters on Reddit...

Just set it to auto, But if you must just set it above 1v since it was unstable at 1v. I can't tell you want voltage you need, since I don't have YOUR cpu that YOU have. I have the same cpu that you got but mine needs more voltage than yours to be able to oc. If you invest in a nice cooler, you could probably hit 4.1ghz just saying.

Fcc

Reputable
Feb 16, 2019
Just set it to auto, But if you must just set it above 1v since it was unstable at 1v. I can't tell you want voltage you need, since I don't have YOUR cpu that YOU have. I have the same cpu that you got but mine needs more voltage than yours to be able to oc. If you invest in a nice cooler, you could probably hit 4.1ghz just saying.
well i just set it to 3.6ghz 1.3v and was stable under 77 degrees. when i set it to auto runs at 3.4ghz and 1.17v.

Guidance provided by the Overclocking Masters on Reddit:
"...AMD Ryzen 2000 series "Pinnacle Ridge" (12nm non-G)?
AMD have been uncharacteristically tight-lipped on Ryzen 2000 series voltage. However, based on The Stilt's reverse engineering of the boost algorithm we recommend;​
1.33V max Vcore when setting a fixed voltage with 85C max temp​
1.38V max Vcore when setting a fixed voltage with improved cooling (65C)​
1.425V fixed voltage has been reported to cause degradation over a relatively short timespan of 3 months even with temps around 50-60C.​
1.025-1.05V SoC voltage is typically optimal, going over 1.2V isn't recommended because it may or may not be safe and is unlikely to help.​
ProcODT should be the same as 1000 series, IE 60 ohms (or auto) advised for best results, 80 ohms absolute max."​

I'm pretty certain they are speaking of SVI2 TFN voltage too, not VCore voltage. On most boards (other than extreme top-end overclocking boards) VCore can be markedly different from SVI2 TFN, a gap that widens and narrows as load changes.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS