[SOLVED] Ryzen 2600 Memory Management BSOD Help!

Feb 3, 2020
Pc Spec
  • Ryzen 5 2600 no oc
  • Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro bios version F50
  • 16 gb ddr4 Corsair Vengeance xmp 3200
  • Nvidia RTX 2070
  • Corsair 650 psu
  • Storage - Crucial 250gb SSD,
I recently started having issues after a fresh install of windows bsod with memory management error and pfn list corrupt, this lead me down a path of memtest ect which showed errors
so i went through amazon for a replacement ram, got the ram issue still persisted so got a replacement motherboard from amazon aswell, since it was pay day i also bought a new psu since my current one was old and a new ssd for boot drive.

Did a fresh install of parts installed windows again initially seemed fine however once i started installing apps the problems began chrome throwing up aw snap errors, then boom bsod start again, i save the mini dumps and view with bsod viewer shows ntoskrnl.eve which appears common among ryzen bios versions seem to have caused people issues.

now having replaced every part in my pc except cpu and gpu it leaves me with thinking either of these may be the issue but i have never heard of a bad cpu, interestingly running the heaven benchmark on my gpu i was able to run the whole thing fine, As soon as i ran prime95 it errors on multiple workers and i get a bsod citing memory management? So does this lead to believe that the memory controller within the cpu has gone bad?

ive had the same overall specs for a year with no issue it was only when i decided to do a fresh and install windows and makesure the bios and all my drivers were the latest did this appear.
Help please :)

Last edited:
Solution
I have been running xmp since i got the pc with no issues so would future bios updates cause xmp stability issues?

I had to drop the ram speed on my machine after updating the bios for Ryzen 3000 support so it's definitely possible (I was running my ram overclocked initially- it was an old 2400mhz kit from a previous build that I moved over, on the original bios I had it stable at 2933 but have since had to drop it back to stock settings).

Have a look at the link I gave, Raven Ridge is the code name for the Ryzen 2000 cpu's.
Pc Spec
  • Ryzen 5 2600 no oc
  • Gigabyte Aorus Pro bios version F50
  • 16 gb ddr4 Corsair Vengeance xmp 3200
  • Nvidia RTX 2070
  • Corsair 650 psu
  • Storage - Crucial 250gb SSD,
I recently started having issues after a fresh install of windows bsod with memory management error and pfn list corrupt, this lead me down a path of memtest ect which showed errors
so i went through amazon for a replacement ram, got the ram issue still persisted so got a replacement motherboard from amazon aswell, since it was pay day i also bought a new psu since my current one was old and a new ssd for boot drive.

Did a fresh install of parts installed windows again initially seemed fine however once i started installing apps the problems began chrome throwing up aw snap errors, then boom bsod start again, i save the mini dumps and view with bsod viewer shows ntoskrnl.eve which appears common among ryzen bios versions seem to have caused people issues.

now having replaced every part in my pc except cpu and gpu it leaves me with thinking either of these may be the issue but i have never heard of a bad cpu, interestingly running the heaven benchmark on my gpu i was able to run the whole thing fine, As soon as i ran prime95 it errors on multiple workers and i get a bsod citing memory management? So does this lead to believe that the memory controller within the cpu has gone bad?

ive had the same overall specs for a year with no issue it was only when i decided to do a fresh and install windows and makesure the bios and all my drivers were the latest did this appear.
Help please :)

First thing to do is drop your ram speed down to base DDR 4 spec and see if problem persists- Ryzen 1000 and 2000 series can be fussy about certain types of ram chips and may not run reliably at XMP settings. If the blue screen goes away that is likely your problem.

I have a 2700 on an Asus X370 Pro and I cannot run my ram at full XMP speed, it is however rock solid stable at 2933 (and the performance difference between 2933 and 3200 is really small, maybe 2fps in games and essentially 0 in applications).

Edit: I'm assuming it's the B450 Aorus Pro? Here is a link to the memory support lists- these will show memory kits / speeds that are guaranteed to be stable...:
https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-rev-10/support#support-doc

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020
First thing to do is drop your ram speed down to base DDR 4 spec and see if problem persists- Ryzen 1000 and 2000 series can be fussy about certain types of ram chips and may not run reliably at XMP settings. If the blue screen goes away that is likely your problem.

I have a 2700 on an Asus X370 Pro and I cannot run my ram at full XMP speed, it is however rock solid stable at 2933 (and the performance difference between 2933 and 3200 is really small, maybe 2fps in games and essentially 0 in applications).

Edit: I'm assuming it's the B450 Aorus Pro? Here is a link to the memory support lists- these will show memory kits / speeds that are guaranteed to be stable...:
https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-rev-10/support#support-doc
I have been running xmp since i got the pc with no issues so would future bios updates cause xmp stability issues?

I had to drop the ram speed on my machine after updating the bios for Ryzen 3000 support so it's definitely possible (I was running my ram overclocked initially- it was an old 2400mhz kit from a previous build that I moved over, on the original bios I had it stable at 2933 but have since had to drop it back to stock settings).

Have a look at the link I gave, Raven Ridge is the code name for the Ryzen 2000 cpu's.

Solution
Feb 3, 2020

I checked the link and my ram is compatible but will try dropping to stock speed tonight

Reactions: cdrkf
Feb 3, 2020
If it's on the QVL it should work at that speed but def test slower. I would also suggest looking at the voltage the ram is set to, as the default voltage for DDR4 is 1.2v but most high speed kits need 1.35 or more to be stable (might be the voltage wasn't correctly set by the XMP).
I read somewhere else about upping voltages so will try that as well!