Question Ryzen 2700x high temps and cpu usage when idle

Jay879

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
The only thing that boots on start up is utorrent and Outlook my idle temp is 66c and then once I close utorrent and Outlook my temp drops to 38c I already applied new thermal paste twice looked in the task manager not sure what's going on I only use this pc to game and the temps just started getting weird a couple weeks ago and my cpu usage is 50% on all cores with nothing else but utorrent and Outlook open not what it was like when I got the cpu it would be like 1% usage before.

Jay879

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
Well, this is more of a question about windows. Task manager will also tell you what is taking up so much of processor. I would suspect malware first.

I just scanned my PC for malware and it surprisingly found some but sadly removing the malware did not solve the issue I've also scanned for regular viruses and I've tried updating all the drivers.

Jay879

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
Malwarebytes ? https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/
uTorrent was used to download and infect with very stealthy bitcoin miner, see this:

Yeah i updated to the newest version and I undervolted my cpu by 0.2 volts that seemed to stabilize my temps and I'm back to gaming again it's still sketchy i had to do this with a top of the line gaming cpu.

Jay879

Reputable
Feb 1, 2015
It
It could be a buggy BIOS that was overvolting your CPU on top of the rest. Have you checked your motherboard support page for an updated BIOS?

I removed my ram then placed it back in and my system is functioning normal again that's the last thing I would have expected to be causing overheating issues. My roomate must have hit my computer when I was on vacation cause I know I installed it correctly the first time.