ryzen 3 1200 oc problem

Sep 1, 2018
Hello to everyone,

I have OCd ryzen 3 1200 to 4000mhz, 1.4v on stock cooler, but the problem is that my cpu never goes ove 77% utilizaton eg. is running only on 3.07 ghz max, even if i run Prime 95 or intel burn test, when i open HWinfo it show that cpu is curently running 3099 mhz and x31 ratio, while on the same HWinfo in system summary show clock 4000mhz x40 ratio, i try turning down the oc to 3.9 and even going up to 4.1ghz but i get same results... does anyone know what the problem is do i need to turn something on or off that i forgot ?

Thanks in advance!

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
Make sure you:
1. Are not throttling (95c)
2. Disabled power saving from BIOS (Cool'n'Quiet for example) and using performance mode from the control panel's power options.
3. Using the newest BIOS. A reflash or going to the previous version could help too.
4. BIOS reset + doing OC again can fix it sometimes
-----------
You could use CPU-Z stress test to see if your OC is working or not as it gives scores.

Sep 1, 2018
Thx for the quick replay.

1.well no, it passed intel burn test, in prime 95 it does not pass over 65c
2.i dont have any power saving option in bios and in control panel i have it in performance power option
3.i update the bios 15 days ago so it should be newest
4.i did that just before posting this

Sep 1, 2018
I wasted my time yesterday and yours....
I just done some research afer 4 hourse of trying to oc, MSI A320M pro vd plus witch i have does not support overclocking of cpu..... Fo real...
Thank you non the less

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
Another reason we say it's customary to include full specs.
AMD should lock these options from BIOS to prevent overclocking instead of leaving them out there.

It's good that you fixed it. If you had left it alone with OC, it would have broken the motherboard in the future.

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
Why did you want to overclock anyway?
For gaming, you're better off upgrading the GPU.
For work, you're better off upgrading the CPU.

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
I took a look at the motherboard. Don't overclock CPU and RAM on that. Running it on boost should be fine. Just make sure it has adequate airflow.

As for the game performance, you first determine the bottleneck. Then consider what to OC. In my opinion, it's the GPU. Next time you upgrade, buy something faster. You can use gpu.userbenchmark.com to compare them. For example:
http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1060-3GB-vs-AMD-RX-560/3646vs3926

zebarjadi.raouf

Commendable
Jul 10, 2018
So i should revert ram i have it OC to 2800mhz from 2400mhz base, its Samsung ddr4 2400 ?
You can use XMP/DOCP/EOCP/whatever else they call it. Otherwise, don't do it manually.
Ill keep mu gpu clocked
Make sure you overclocked it correctly. Keep it 25Core/50Mem or more below max stable.
So my next upgrade should be gpu than thx
You can check what's getting maxed from task manager > performance while gaming to make sure. Could be CPU, GPU, Hard, RAM depending on the game. I haven't played WoW for a long time so I don't know exactly. It's usually the GPU.

Sep 1, 2018
Yes i used some build in option that auto ocs Ram, and i used that at 2800 and tested it via some ram program and it was stable and didnt had any memory errors so its ok
Yep i think i reduced 10 core/20mem speed from max stable
I have not checked that while playing but will do today. Thanks