Ryzen 3 1300X hit 90C in less than 5mins of test.

destinywarlock55

Reputable
Sep 20, 2017
Hello,

I am an ameture overclocker, i should of said that on my first post. I recently was able to get to 3.95GHz on 1.33750V, i ran cine bench twice, no crashes.

I decided to run Prime 95 since every one is saying to stress it for like 10 hours, but before even getting to 5 minutes the temps reached 88C then i stopped prime, but it kept increasing to 90C. Before it hit its max at 95C i manually shut down the PC. It wasn't crashing nor was it a BSOD. Should i change something or is that normal?

Thanks!

Solution
If the cooler is not completely tightened down then you’re probably experiencing these issues due the cooler not making proper contact. If the cooler is loose then the thermal paste develops air gaps. Those air gaps hinder heat transfer and that’s why your temps climb up so quickly.

Take the cooler off and reapply thermal paste. Place the cooler back on and tighten down every screw until it’s snug. Run the test again and let us know the results.

destinywarlock55

Reputable
Sep 20, 2017

Ok well, i wouldnt say "certain" since when i was putting the cooler on 1 or 2 screws were tighter than the rest on the cooler, and i thought it wouldn't make a big difference. Also, i accidently touched a small amount of the paste before i applied it.

Jwpanz

Honorable
If the cooler is not completely tightened down then you’re probably experiencing these issues due the cooler not making proper contact. If the cooler is loose then the thermal paste develops air gaps. Those air gaps hinder heat transfer and that’s why your temps climb up so quickly.

Take the cooler off and reapply thermal paste. Place the cooler back on and tighten down every screw until it’s snug. Run the test again and let us know the results.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS