Ryzen 3 2200G Bottleneck

TheGRz

Reputable
Jun 19, 2015
I'm about to build my second Ryzen 3 2200G PC. This time I want it better.

Specs
B450 Aorus M Mobo
Hyper X 2666Mhz 2x4GB Ram
WD Green 240GB SSD
Corsair CX450 PSU
Coolermaster Q300L Case

Here is the first things i want to purchase. As of now my budget won't allow me to buy a GPU. But after a few months I'll definitely get one. I have 2 GPUs in mind which is almost similar in pricing now.

Nvidea GTX1060 3GB or Radeon RX580 8GB

I know that RX580 8GB is better in performance than the GTX1060 3GB version. But will it bottleneck the CPU? Which one will run better with the CPU. I have seen RX580 bottlenecking Ryzen 3 1200 in many games.

Solution
As CPUs, the 2200g and 1200 are basically the same, so I think 1200 performance will give you a fair idea what to expect.

The 580 has the advantage of more vram, in addition to better performance. So in theory you'd be able to run same games at higher settings even if you aren't getting the same framerate as someone with a faster CPU. Performance limitations will come from only having 4 cores/4 threads. So as long as you stay away from games requiring more you should be fine. If your plan is to play games which use more threads then you shouldn't be getting anything less than a Ryzen 5 of some kind.
As CPUs, the 2200g and 1200 are basically the same, so I think 1200 performance will give you a fair idea what to expect.

The 580 has the advantage of more vram, in addition to better performance. So in theory you'd be able to run same games at higher settings even if you aren't getting the same framerate as someone with a faster CPU. Performance limitations will come from only having 4 cores/4 threads. So as long as you stay away from games requiring more you should be fine. If your plan is to play games which use more threads then you shouldn't be getting anything less than a Ryzen 5 of some kind.

Solution