Ryzen 3 2200G Build

jjjanolino

Prominent
Aug 31, 2017
Quick Specs:

Ryzen 3 2200G
ASUS PRIME A320M-K
Team T-Force DDR4 2666MHZ 2x4GB

Issue: Bios updated to support Vega Graphics, went to local shop to have it updated and tested the Ryzen APU. I was able to confirm that the mobo can read it.

Went back home and tried to setup my rig, no boot.
I tried reinstalling hardware, checked the cables. no good.

One thing I did notice is on the local shop, they were able to access bios using a low profile ram.
Now that I am trying to use my ram. It ain't booting.

First I tried to use both ram on slot. No boot.
Second I tried to use just 1 ram, No boot but caps/numlock can be turned on/off while i'm pressing it on my keyboard.
Third, I tried to switch to the other slot of ram, same scenario like the second try.

I even tried not connecting the HDD, no good.

Is it my ram that's is causing the issue? I made sure before purchasing it that it'll be compatible to the mobo, i checked the specs and it is "supported" by the mobo but maybe thats not the case in reality? I badly needed help now. Been trying to make this rig work for a couple of days already. :(

Solution
OK. Given the fact we know the board and PSU themselves work from the local shop UEFI update, the RAM seems the likely culprit.

On a side note, just built and still testing a Ryzen 2200G based system this week with an Asrock AB350 Gaming ITX board for a gift for family member. Using Corsair Vengeance 2666 kit. Works great at 2133, but still testing at 2666 XMP. Fast system for the money. Quite impressed, really. Going to be a huge improvement over their current Athlon II X3 435 based one.

jjjanolino

Prominent
Aug 31, 2017

Geez! This is one thing I missed that I did before I decided to update the BIOS. Thanks mate, I'll give it a shot and give you an update.

jjjanolino

Prominent
Aug 31, 2017

Hi friend, I am referring to the speed it self in general. The mobo can support up to 3200mhz.

Aside from the essentials, no extra parts attached. Well fans are part of essentials. So thats basically whats connected on my mobo.

OK. This may be the issue. You can't necessarily rely on the speed alone being compatible. Most of the time it likely would work, but Ryzen does seem picky in general from what I've seen, though greatly improved since launch. I would check the memory support page for your specific board on their QVL. Is your kit of 2666 specifically listed as being compatible with the board? I tend to refer to this myself and recommend it to others, as these kits have been verified by the OEM of the board to be compatible.

jjjanolino

Prominent
Aug 31, 2017

Sorry for the downvote, misclicked.

Oh I see. Now that you've mentioned QVL. I did try to search it on my mobo's website, wasn't able to see any info about it. Now that's alarming, I didn't expect that this Ryzen build will give me so many things to check. @_@ Still a lot of things to learn.

EDITED: Found it.

https://www.asus.com/ph/Motherboards/PRIME-A320M-K/HelpDesk_QVL/

Sadly, my Team T-Force Delta RGB DDR4 Ram is not included. (TF3D48G2666HC15BDC01) Now I know what's going on.

I nearly bought t force ram for my 2400g. corsair vengeance is supported on 99% of boards I think

OK. Given the fact we know the board and PSU themselves work from the local shop UEFI update, the RAM seems the likely culprit.

On a side note, just built and still testing a Ryzen 2200G based system this week with an Asrock AB350 Gaming ITX board for a gift for family member. Using Corsair Vengeance 2666 kit. Works great at 2133, but still testing at 2666 XMP. Fast system for the money. Quite impressed, really. Going to be a huge improvement over their current Athlon II X3 435 based one.

Solution