dheep.cherian

Commendable
Sep 29, 2018
So I was hoping to buy a GPU, and I'm on a tight budget, and since the RX580 prices have fallen through the floor, I was wondering if this would be a good combination. Here are my specs:

Ryzen 3 2200G (@3.5 GHz, not planning on overclocking)
8GB DDR4 RAM @2400 MHz (hoping to upgrade to 16 in the not too distant future)
MSI A320M Pro-VD/S
Corsair VS450

I know that my PSU isn't the greatest, and I didn't plan ahead while buying it. I really don't want to buy another one unless completely necessary. I ran my build through Cooler Master's PSU calculator, and it recommended a PSU with a minimum wattage of 441. So would this work out for me? Or do you guys think that the 1060 6GB may have a similar price drop (fingers crossed :sweatsmile:) because of the 1660Ti release. Please shower me with enlightenment.

Phazoner

Distinguished
The 580 is a great match for the 2200G. The PSU should be enough but its quality isn't great. There are two kinds of VS, grey units (newer, better, the minimum budget PSU I would recommend) and orange units (worse than my minimum). Grey or orange refers to the color of the label. I wouldn't run the 580 with a orange one but anyways would upgrade a grey ASAP.