[SOLVED] Ryzen 3 APU Build No Display No Peripherals lighting up.

Mar 20, 2020
Hi,
Im very new to PC building and I've just built my new PC:
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/8M7rp8

The first time around, I built it with a Ryzen 3 3200G APU. The fans spun and the PC started but no display output or peripherals lighting up at all. I called a friend over and we tried his Ryzen 5 2600 paired up with a RX 570 on my PC with no other parts removed other than the CPU and the addition of the graphics card. Sure enough, the PC booted up and we got into the BIOS and installed the latest BIOS version and set up windows. I tried the Ryzen 3 3200G again and it did not work. We assumed that the APU is not compatible with the motherboard despite MSI including it on their compatible devices list. I ordered a Ryzen 3 2200G ( keep in mind the motherboard is updated to the latest BIOS version now so it should have no problem running this) and I tried it on and I'm getting the same problem. No display no peripherals lighting up. Please help have no idea what to do now. Thank you to everyone who replies in advance

Solution
Very strange as the Max motherboards are supposed to support Ryzen 3000 processors out of the box. From MSI's CPU compatibility page there's only a few which need a BIOS update.

I assume with your friend's 2600 and RX 570 the PC booted normally with peripherals lighting up?

One thing to try, if you can still borrow the RX 570, is to install either of the APUs and the graphics card to see if the system boots. At least that would give some idea as to whether the APUs at least have minimal functionality.

I'm sure others will have additional ideas and troubleshooting tips.
Very strange as the Max motherboards are supposed to support Ryzen 3000 processors out of the box. From MSI's CPU compatibility page there's only a few which need a BIOS update.

I assume with your friend's 2600 and RX 570 the PC booted normally with peripherals lighting up?

One thing to try, if you can still borrow the RX 570, is to install either of the APUs and the graphics card to see if the system boots. At least that would give some idea as to whether the APUs at least have minimal functionality.

I'm sure others will have additional ideas and troubleshooting tips.

Solution