[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600 running hot

Quadfractum

Honorable
Dec 24, 2016
My 3600 seems to be running quite hot. I have a pure loop 120 aio and doing a cinebench r20 test I get about 84 to 85c with ambient temps of 31c. Then I did an undervolt of 1.25v and overclock to 4.2, that brought temps down to 79c also a higher score in cinebench. Idle is about 48c too. Is there anything I can do to lower temps further or not really?

Solution
I agree
My 3600 seems to be running quite hot. I have a pure loop 120 aio and doing a cinebench r20 test I get about 84 to 85c with ambient temps of 31c.
I agree those temps are not bad, totally wouldn't worry about that. The thing about setting a fixed clock speed is it's likely to be hurting single core performance so be sure to test for that with CineBench single thread test. Light threaded performance is what's typical of gaming so you don't want to hurt that if that's how you use your computer.

Most Ryzen temp reports are on-die, hot spot temperatures that are going to seem much hotter than socket or case temp sensors report. That's why you're seeing temps in the 80's, also why the max temp of 95C isn't really as hot...
I agree
My 3600 seems to be running quite hot. I have a pure loop 120 aio and doing a cinebench r20 test I get about 84 to 85c with ambient temps of 31c.
I agree those temps are not bad, totally wouldn't worry about that. The thing about setting a fixed clock speed is it's likely to be hurting single core performance so be sure to test for that with CineBench single thread test. Light threaded performance is what's typical of gaming so you don't want to hurt that if that's how you use your computer.

Most Ryzen temp reports are on-die, hot spot temperatures that are going to seem much hotter than socket or case temp sensors report. That's why you're seeing temps in the 80's, also why the max temp of 95C isn't really as hot as it seems. My 5800X is running in the low-mid 80's while rendering videos, with occasional peaks as high as 90C but the CPU case temp stays in the low 70's the whole time.

Last edited:
Reactions: kurdtnz
Solution