[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600 temperatures

Mar 6, 2020
I know Ryzen is a hot CPU, I already got over the ~40 degrees in idle/web browsing. I just wanted to get some feedback if those maximum temperatures are ok (playing Forza Horizon 4 on maxed settings for over an hour):

HF0rSaO.png

Solution
I've a SilentiumPC Fortis 3 cooler. I've just checked the temperature aftrer playing Mutant Year Zero and the maximum temperature reached 71,2. My CPU fan curve is set to 40%, after 55 degrees it goes up to reach 100% at 70. I've no performance issues with my PC.
I know it might sound common but I suggest to check if the cooler is mounted well and if the thermal paste is enough (but not too much). Finally, I suggest checking if the airflow is sufficient to provide enough fresh air to the cooler
Mar 13, 2020
D
I know Ryzen is a hot CPU, I already got over the ~40 degrees in idle/web browsing. I just wanted to get some feedback if those maximum temperatures are ok (playing Forza Horizon 4 on maxed settings for over an hour):

HF0rSaO.png

Do you have stock or aftermarket cooler? Anyway, as soon as you don't get a Thermal Throttling should be fine.
PS: Forza Horizon 4 is known as a very CPU demanding game and you're not the first who says to have very high CPU temp while playing.

Mar 6, 2020
I've a SilentiumPC Fortis 3 cooler. I've just checked the temperature aftrer playing Mutant Year Zero and the maximum temperature reached 71,2. My CPU fan curve is set to 40%, after 55 degrees it goes up to reach 100% at 70. I've no performance issues with my PC.

Mar 13, 2020
I know it might sound common but I suggest to check if the cooler is mounted well and if the thermal paste is enough (but not too much). Finally, I suggest checking if the airflow is sufficient to provide enough fresh air to the cooler

Solution
I just built my 3900x system days ago.

With a Dark Rock Pro 4 and a room temp of 18 it's idling at 32. It spikes up obviously it's a ryzen CPU. In games it doesn't go higher than 68-70.

I use an agressive fan curve over 60 and under 60 it's quiet. So no CPU cooler fan or system fan going nuts when the CPU spikes. Only if the CPU goes over 60 which only happens when I game. I use Windows normal power plan.

Ryzen 3000 are amazing CPU's :D

Last edited: