[SOLVED] Ryzen 3600x help pls

Jul 13, 2019
Hi im having an issue with a system that i just finished building. Ill put the specs below and then state the issue.

All new parts
Cpu: Ryzen 5 3600x
Mobo: Asus x470 Prime
Ram: 2x8gb corsair vengence
Gpu: GTX 1060 6gb
Psu: 450w EVGA 80+ Bronze

So i completed the build and powered on the system. The rgb on the mobo lights up, cpu fan spins, gpu fan spins, but there isnt any display to my monitor. I have tried reseatting the ram and different PCI slots for the Gpu. I have tried plugging the display cord into both the gpu and port on mobo.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated :)

Solution
If the board does not have an updated BIOS preloaded onto it, then the board is not ready for 3rd-gen and needs to be updated first as Barty mentioned. It will take a few more months before your chances of grabbing a random 300/400-series motherboard preloaded with such a BIOS and you can expect board manufacturers to slightly change the branding as they do.

Board manufacturers should have done a better job choosing how they were going to represent 3rd-gen capable boards before launch. AMD mentioned some sort of campaign to avoid a repeat of 2nd-gen compatibility awareness with 1st-gen boards two or three months ago but it does not appear to have gone anywhere.

InvalidError

Titan
If the board does not have an updated BIOS preloaded onto it, then the board is not ready for 3rd-gen and needs to be updated first as Barty mentioned. It will take a few more months before your chances of grabbing a random 300/400-series motherboard preloaded with such a BIOS and you can expect board manufacturers to slightly change the branding as they do.

Board manufacturers should have done a better job choosing how they were going to represent 3rd-gen capable boards before launch. AMD mentioned some sort of campaign to avoid a repeat of 2nd-gen compatibility awareness with 1st-gen boards two or three months ago but it does not appear to have gone anywhere.

Solution