Question Ryzen 3700x games crashing

Mar 12, 2020
Ryzen 3700x (no precision boost overdrive)

Gigabyte Motherboard

G Skill 3600 mhz CL 16 ram

XMP enabled profile 1 on the gigabyte board

latest chipset drivers (from amd)

latest bios

precision boost overdrive is off because temps would rise and not only that cause 10 c spikes. dont care if its normal, i dont want it. i want silence and a predictable fan curve.

under a game it will get up to 63c. under idle it will drop to 50c relatively soon enough and slowly make its way down the forties. 43c idle if system just started up.

Games will just randomly crash out of no where. No spike in temps or cpu usage.

Im on the cusp of saying i have faulty hardware. I am lost. ive tried everything that i think i can besides messing around with ram. (aside from enabling xmp which i have done)
i know its not the gpu. ive been using it before i got all this other hardware
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/codyh1414/saved/#view=K4FPVn

You've got pretty solid hardware all around...have you tried running Event Viewer to see if it will capture an error message ?

Based on what you've provided my guess would be either a bad motherboard or GPU...while normally I would think the PSU is the likely culprit the SeaSonic Gold units are known quality items.

Mar 12, 2020
You've got pretty solid hardware all around...have you tried running Event Viewer to see if it will capture an error message ?

Based on what you've provided my guess would be either a bad motherboard or GPU...while normally I would think the PSU is the likely culprit the SeaSonic Gold units are known quality items.
Turns out it was the dumb xmp. I learned how to turn on my own xmp settings. The main thing was the voltage wasnt high enough for the ram. When oc'ed

Reactions: dorsai