Question Ryzen 3700x HIgh Voltage

Oct 1, 2019
Hi guys, I have a question about my new PC.

CPU: Ryzen 3700x
MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P
GPU: RX5700 XT
Air Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2
CASE: Cooler Master K500
PSU: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold

Bios updated, chipset updated.

I noted on Bios that the core voltage is very high, 1.46v or 1.48v on 3600MHz frequency, temperature 42grades.

On Desktop windows, opening Ryzen Master I saw that core voltage bouncing from 0.9 to 1.2/1.3 on idle (only ryzen master app opened). I checked even using CPU-Z and the same, the values are more or less those.

I did a test playing "Prey", video settings to maximum and opening Ryzen Master noted that the voltages were around 1.42v, temperature between 68 and 70 grades, and Peak Speed 3960MHz.

Is it a normal behaviour or the voltages are too high? And if yes, how can I resolve it? Setting manually frequency and voltages?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I have a question about my new PC.

CPU: Ryzen 3700x
MOBO: Asus Prime X570-P
GPU: RX5700 XT
Air Cooler: Scythe Fuma 2
CASE: Cooler Master K500
PSU: EVGA 650W 80+ Gold

Bios updated, chipset updated.

I noted on Bios that the core voltage is very high, 1.46v or 1.48v on 3600MHz frequency, temperature 42grades.

On Desktop windows, opening Ryzen Master I saw that core voltage bouncing from 0.9 to 1.2/1.3 on idle (only ryzen master app opened). I checked even using CPU-Z and the same, the values are more or less those.

I did a test playing "Prey", video settings to maximum and opening Ryzen Master noted that the voltages were around 1.42v, temperature between 68 and 70 grades, and Peak Speed 3960MHz.

Is it a normal behaviour or the voltages are too high? And if yes, how can I resolve it? Setting manually frequency and voltages?

Thanks.
Yes, more or less normal, keep in mind that you are seeing only highest core and only temperature for highest core. Rest of cores could be at much lower voltage and temperature, depending on their usage.
Do you have latest BIOS with AGESA 1003ABBA code. ? Much has been fixed with it.

Oct 1, 2019
Yes, more or less normal, keep in mind that you are seeing only highest core and only temperature for highest core. Rest of cores could be at much lower voltage and temperature, depending on their usage.
Do you have latest BIOS with AGESA 1003ABBA code. ? Much has been fixed with it.

Yep, updated bios and chipset AMD.
On Ryzen Master I noted I have the default profile set to 4400MHz, not on 3600MHz of base clock.

Anyway I will test again later, so I will have more info. I dunno if the CPU is at risk during playing game for long and high settings (even if I don't see drop frames or general slowing)

Yep, updated bios and chipset AMD.
On Ryzen Master I noted I have the default profile set to 4400MHz, not on 3600MHz of base clock.

Anyway I will test again later, so I will have more info. I dunno if the CPU is at risk during playing game for long and high settings (even if I don't see drop frames or general slowing)
You could run HWinfo in the background,, just reset it (clock on the clock at bottom) and than you can Alt-Tab to it during the game to see what's happening.