[SOLVED] Ryzen 3700X Upgrade - MB & Cooler Compatibility, Minor RAM question

Sep 14, 2019
I'm trying to confirm compatibility of my existing parts with some new Ryzen components. In particular; PCPartPicker is raising a warning about my AIO cooler (Corsiar H115i) and the motherboard (ASUS TUF X570):

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9C87r6 (Note, manual price entries include bundle discount from my local Microcenter)

I do still have the AM4 mounting bracket that comes with the H115i; is there some other part that may also be needed?

The ASUS QVL does not include the RAM I've selected, but the GSkill QVL does list the MB, so I should be covered there. Is there a different 64 GB kit that I should be considering at a similar price point?

Edit: it may be worth adding that my 2 major usages are gaming (TotalWar series, MMOs mostly), and CPU heavy multi-threaded Linux applications (development and testing).

Solution
I do still have the AM4 mounting bracket that comes with the H115i; is there some other part that may also be needed?
No. This is for people purchasing the product. There are older packages out there that don't have the AM4 mounting bracket.
AM4 socket came out after the H115i did after all.

The ASUS QVL does not include the RAM I've selected, but the GSkill QVL does list the MB, so I should be covered there. Is there a different 64 GB kit that I should be considering at a similar price point?
No, you're fine. G. Skill is one of the most popular memory brands, so you'll have no trouble there.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
No. This is for people purchasing the product. There are older packages out there that don't have the AM4 mounting bracket.
AM4 socket came out after the H115i did after all.

No, you're fine. G. Skill is one of the most popular memory brands, so you'll have no trouble there.

Solution
Unless you have all the AM4 mounting brackets you wont have any problem installing your AIO. I have the same ram but 2x8GB with Ryzen 7 3700X. Neither the ram was at the motherboard QVL or Gskill site but it works fine at 3200mhz as advertised. As you said Gskill QVL does list the motherboard so you dont have to worry. Motherboard manufacturers dont test all the kits that exists.