[SOLVED] Ryzen 3800x, Asus ROG b450f, PC freezes every 10 mins.

Jul 27, 2020
My PC is freezing randomly. While gaming, while doing nothing, while browsing. The frequency of freezing has been increased, now it freezes every 5 mins. I swapped RAM, tried different video card. It is still freezes. The CPU and Motherboard were purchased a few months ago. My PSU is Thermaltake 650 W.

Solution
If you are still getting the freezing and it started after a Windows update I would do a clean install of Windows. It's a pain to do but I know a few people who have had similar bad update experiences. Mickysoft dropped the ball I think recently.

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
Once you have verified the version of Windows 10 is version 2004 - and the model # for the Corsair RAM is the number that I specified above, set the Corsair RAM into each of the RAM slots. Reset the CMOS by removing the CMOS battery for approximately 5 or 10 minutes. Then put the CMOS battery back in and boot into bios. Verify that the bios is the most recent final bios. It should not be a beta bios. If it is a beta bios then reflash the bios with the final non-beta version. After you have done that, re-boot your computer and do not do any over-clocking of the RAM. It is not ready for XMP. See if the computer boots on its own. if it does then download the most current chipset drivers from AMD and not ASUS.

Jul 27, 2020
Once you have verified the version of Windows 10 is version 2004 - and the model # for the Corsair RAM is the number that I specified above, set the Corsair RAM into each of the RAM slots. Reset the CMOS by removing the CMOS battery for approximately 5 or 10 minutes. Then put the CMOS battery back in and boot into bios. Verify that the bios is the most recent final bios. It should not be a beta bios. If it is a beta bios then reflash the bios with the final non-beta version. After you have done that, re-boot your computer and do not do any over-clocking of the RAM. It is not ready for XMP. See if the computer boots on its own. if it does then download the most current chipset drivers from AMD and not ASUS.
Bios updated 2 hours ago with latest one to be sure. CMOS reset was done too. Let me try to update Windows. One thing for sure, same setup had no problems for weeks. It started abruptly.