[SOLVED] Ryzen 3800x, Asus ROG b450f, PC freezes every 10 mins.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 27, 2020
My PC is freezing randomly. While gaming, while doing nothing, while browsing. The frequency of freezing has been increased, now it freezes every 5 mins. I swapped RAM, tried different video card. It is still freezes. The CPU and Motherboard were purchased a few months ago. My PSU is Thermaltake 650 W.

Solution
If you are still getting the freezing and it started after a Windows update I would do a clean install of Windows. It's a pain to do but I know a few people who have had similar bad update experiences. Mickysoft dropped the ball I think recently.

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
Start with two sticks of matched RAM. Place in slot A2 and B2, which are the second and fourth slots. Then check to see if everything works. If it doesn't you can try the second set of RAM but make sure that you do not try to overclock anything in the bios. You just want to make sure that everything is stable. Once stable you can get your system setup the way that you want it. Just remember that Ryzen you cannot mix RAM modules. They need to be matched pairs.

Jul 27, 2020
Start with two sticks of matched RAM. Place in slot A2 and B2, which are the second and fourth slots. Then check to see if everything works. If it doesn't you can try the second set of RAM but make sure that you do not try to overclock anything in the bios. You just want to make sure that everything is stable. Once stable you can get your system setup the way that you want it. Just remember that Ryzen you cannot mix RAM modules. They need to be matched pairs.
Sorry for the late post. Never mixed RAM modules. Tried with a single stick of each of the 6 sticks i have. It didn't work. What worked yesterday is that I was able to finally update windows after a 100 shutdowns and voila, it is super stable now. Prime 95 doesn't even reach 70 degrees after 15 mins. Played Fortnite, Witcher, COH, 100% stable. My wifi card stopped working though, ASUS PCE AC68. I had to use a different card. Any idea if there is a driver that supports the latest version of windows?

Jul 27, 2020
Perhaps it was a faulty wifi card causing all the freezes?
I don't think so. The wifi card is perfectly ok, only think is that the latest windows version doesn't support it. Windows warned me before the update that, I am gonna lose it with the new update. Until that moment wifi was up and good and my speed was 425 Mbps.

If you are still getting the freezing and it started after a Windows update I would do a clean install of Windows. It's a pain to do but I know a few people who have had similar bad update experiences. Mickysoft dropped the ball I think recently.

Solution