[SOLVED] Ryzen 3900X high temperature

Jul 25, 2020
AMD Ryzen Master shows that in idle with only the program, google chrome and discord open the temperature is between 60 and 70 degrees celsius. That's not normal right? I got a Corsair Spec Omega RGB case, RTX 2080 super, AMD Ryzen 3900x, 32GB Ram, 1TB SSD, 4TB HDD, Scythe Mugen 5 PCGH and a Corsair RM850I

Solution
AMD Ryzen Master shows that in idle with only the program, google chrome and discord open the temperature is between 60 and 70 degrees celsius. That's not normal right? I got a Corsair Spec Omega RGB case, RTX 2080 super, AMD Ryzen 3900x, 32GB Ram, 1TB SSD, 4TB HDD, Scythe Mugen 5 PCGH and a Corsair RM850I
Welcome to Toms Hardware @Aequipondium !

Those are quite high for the 3900x, especially for Idle. I get around 40-50c on Idle with the stock cooler on my 2600 for comparison which is high but significantly lower than yours. Considered trying to re-apply thermal paste to see if there is any mishaps? What cooler do you have and what are your temperatures during playing games (if you do but judging by your rig you must...
Welcome to Toms Hardware @Aequipondium !

Those are quite high for the 3900x, especially for Idle. I get around 40-50c on Idle with the stock cooler on my 2600 for comparison which is high but significantly lower than yours. Considered trying to re-apply thermal paste to see if there is any mishaps? What cooler do you have and what are your temperatures during playing games (if you do but judging by your rig you must do). But if your cooler is a good model, consider looking at replacing thermal paste.

Solution

beorn

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2010
What are load temps? What is idle with nothing open? I mean it does seem high but the only real important thing are load temps. I have a very similar build to that but I have a 2060 rtx instead and a Noctua U12 cooler. My idles jump around from 30-45 C

Jul 25, 2020
GPU temp is high at times too, but only when gaming. Only 2 fans in the case excluding the 2 on the cooler. I was thinking of installing 3 extra, would that make a diffrence?